Ontario Cannabis Store and the Centre for Young Black Professionals (CEE)
This internship position is an exciting opportunity with the OCS offered through our partnership with the Centre for Youth Black Professionals (CEE). The CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals is a charity dedicated to addressing economic and social barriers affecting black youth. Due to the Cannabis Act, this opportunity is only available for individuals 19 years or older.
The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and is now the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
The OCS is looking for an IT Service Desk Intern to join our IT team. The IT Service Desk Intern will be responsible for a working on the service desk ticketing system and ensuring timely resolution to tickets. This is an exciting opportunity for you to use your agility, collaborative style and excellent communication skills to provide service, follow up and solutions for internal tickets.
About Your Day
- Manage Service Desk Ticketing System (Service Now) to ensure timely resolution
- Ensure customer satisfaction through continuous status information
- Provide general IT support, including setup of new systems, assistance with troubleshooting, repairs and configuration
- Assist with technical issues related to cell phones, boardroom equipment, video conferencing and remote access
- Solve routine issues and escalate complex issues based on priority
- Develop, execute and follow IT operational policies & standards
- Develop and manage internal and external support documentation
- Post-Secondary education in Computer Systems, Information Technology, or similar field of study. Completion of Secondary School or GED is required.
- CompTIA A+ or similar certification would be an asset
- Knowledge of networking, network security, and computer hardware from IT related courses
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a solid customer service background
- Comfortable working within fast paced environments
About the Job
- City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: 6 Month Internship
- Required Travel: Rare, within the GTA
- Application Deadline: September 22, 2020
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.