Job ID 14794
The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the provincial online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and are the exclusive provincial wholesaler to authorized private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We’re looking for an IT Product Manager (ServiceNow) to join our Information Technology team. As an IT Product Manager for ServiceNow, you will work with the IT Operations team to gather product requirements, collaborate to develop effective solutions and follow projects from implementation to completion while adhering to industry best practices. The IT Product Manager provides sufficient oversight into the development projects being done, management of our third- party vendors and engagement with internal clients using the ServiceNow platform. In this role, you will assist in aligning the roadmap and vision for the ServiceNow platform to meet the needs of the business and the IT department
About Your Day
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to gain an appropriate depth and breadth of understanding of IT Service Management processes, tools, current opportunities and future needs
- Work closely with the business to identify improvement opportunities and define business requirements
- Advise stakeholders and internal clients on best practices/trends and make recommendations that are based on market research and a solid understanding of needs
- Translate business requirements into functional requirements. Identify, assess, and select the best IT solutions to fulfill requirements.
- Manage product development through day-to-day decision making and prioritization of development work to ensure optimal performance of the product
- Coordinate the development team activities using an Agile methodology to coordinate team members and third-party vendor from scoping to delivery of enhancements and fixes
- Build and deliver business cases to gain strategic business buy-in for recommended projects
- Develop strong business relationships with internal and external partners
- Establish feature acceptance criteria and coordinate testing activities
- Ensure proper documentation and communication for all changes and enhancements
- Completion of Post-Secondary education in IT, Computer Science or related area of study OR equivalent combination of experience and post-secondary education
- 5+ years’ experience in IT product management
- 2+ years of experience supporting ServiceNow development or similar platforms
- Experience with ServiceNow or related systems
- Experience with ITSM, GRC/IRM, CMDB, WSD, ITBM modules is an asset
- Experience working in an Agile environment would be a strong asset
- ITIL, PMP or similar certifications would be a strong asset
- ServiceNow certifications would be a strong asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven management and organizational skills coordinating small development teams.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and Power Point
- This position offers a Hybrid work schedule. You will be required to be in the office a minimum of 1 day per week, with the ability to work from home for the remaining workdays (subject to specific business needs requiring office attendance).
- When working from home, a reliable internet connection is required. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications
About the Job
- City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
- Required Travel: Rare, usually within the GTA
- Application Deadline: July 19, 2022, at 11:59PM
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation, please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.