Audience & Programming
TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home – TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We encourage you to reflect on the land that you are on, who the traditional keepers of the land are, what the treaty relationship is, or if it’s unceded territory. TIFF is located on the Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit and the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, the Wendat, and the Haudenosaunee. We are grateful to work on this land.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
Reporting to the Coordinator, Volunteers and Seniors, the Intern will work with the Audience and Community department to prepare for the 2022 Toronto International Film Festival by assisting with the recruitment, training, and scheduling of TIFF Volunteers. The role will also be accountable for providing support in relation to mentorship and development initiatives for volunteers. This is a great opportunity for anyone with an interest and/or background in volunteer management, arts administration or talent acquisition.
- Help compile and coordinate volunteer descriptions of specialized roles so they can be distributed to qualifying volunteers
- Assist with the intake of online volunteer applications during recruitment periods
- Make preparations for volunteer onboarding in order to ensure that volunteers are prepared for their shifts
- Provide ongoing administrative support in a busy office environment including: responding in a timely and tactful manner to a high volume of emails, phone calls and in-person inquiries; minute-taking for departmental meetings; and formatting departmental records (Excel spreadsheets, Google Docs and volunteer database)
- Assist in facilitating volunteer training sessions, including communicating TIFF Volunteer Programme information to large and diverse audiences
- Assist in planning and executing initiatives designed to promote volunteer skill development and assess volunteer performance at the 2022 Festival
- Provide administrative support with tasks such as reviewing volunteer schedules, inputting shifts in the volunteer database, printing volunteer timesheets and submitting requests for volunteer reward vouchers
- Assist with reviewing volunteer training materials as needed
- Create a comfortable, inclusive and welcoming atmosphere where all staff and volunteers feel appreciated and engaged
- Prepare a detailed post-mortem report before the end of the contract
JOB GRADE & RATE OF PAY
- Job Grade 1
- July 18, 2022 – September 2, 2022
- Highly proficient computer skills (knowledge of Keynote, Word, Excel, Gmail, Google Docs, InDesign, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (email, in-person and telephone)
- Comfortable presenting to and engaging with large groups of volunteers and staff in a personable and professional manner
- Experience with online database management is an asset
- Interest in candidate recruitment/screening or community outreach work is an asset
- Strong organizational skills with extreme attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, with a willingness to adapt to shifting priorities and circumstances
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, open-concept environment
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet manner
- Ability to handle difficult situations with positive, problem-solving attitude
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- All applications must be submitted online through TIFF’s Career Centre.
- Please upload your cover letter and resumé as one PDF, before the deadline of MONDAY, JUNE 27, 2022.
This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program. To be eligible for a Canada Summer Jobs position candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. TIFF regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas; however, TIFF considers and welcomes individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position. For consideration to those on time-limited Visa status, your Visa must allow you to complete the full contract.
Please send any questions via e-mail only to email@example.com.
TIFF is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. As such, we welcome and encourage applicants who identify as racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation and/or assistance during the application process, please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org. We strive to provide reasonable accommodations whenever requested.