Req Id: 282393
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
TSN is hiring newsroom interns to work on our flagship show, Sportscentre. If you’re looking for an internship that’s part of your program requirement then this is a perfect opportunity for you!
Length: 16 weeks
Hours of Work: 4 to 5 (eight hour shifts per week – days/nights/weekends)
Job Duties/ Accountabilities:
- Working with Highlight Managers/Producers to assist in the production of Sportscentre.
- Producing highlight packs and news items. Learning how to sub-clip games, write for television and do prompters.
- Assist senior staff with the production of higher-end items.
- Assist with specific control show production.
- Other duties as assigned.
Critical Qualifications/ Competencies:
- Must be in final year of studies enrolled in a University/College program specializing in sports business, broadcasting or journalism.
- Availability to work days/nights/weekends.
- Thorough sports knowledge, keep up with daily sporting events, social media.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated creativity.
- Demonstrated writing skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Maturity, strong work ethic, engaged, and openness to learning.
- Internship is required as part of course credit.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Intern
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Scarborough || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 04/18/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.