Tyndale is a Christian university that prepares leaders for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, ministry and the global mission of the church. Tyndale offers fully accredited programs in a wide range of disciplines at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, there are over 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and over 13,000 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The Instructor of the Conducting Class will introduce the principles and art of solid conducting technique. The Instructor will guide students in examining the relationship between gesture and sound, and lead students in exploring various skills employed by the choral and instrumental ensemble conductor including baton technique, score reading, gesturing and non-verbal communication.
- Teach one Undergraduate conducting course in Fall 2021 as assigned from the Music & Worship Arts Department
- Develop the curriculum, measure the learning outcomes and evaluate student progress throughout the coursework
- Attend and lead the weekly, two – three hour class during the fall ’21 term
- Primary focus will be given to choral, vocal instruction
- Master of Music in Conducting or related Master level in Music with Conducting coursework required
- Proven experience in conducting, or potential to successfully conduct, an undergraduate symphonic band or choir
- Performance and teaching experience
Skills and Abilities
- A refined communicative conducting gesture
- Ability to work well and communicate with students and faculty
- Affinity for and experience with university music students
- High moral character that aligns with the Tyndale University values
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tyndale University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.