HomeStars is Canada’s leading platform connecting homeowners with qualified service professionals. Every month over half a million homeowners visit HomeStars to research and select the best-rated home service professionals nearby. Visit us at homestars.com to learn more!
At HomeStars, we embrace and celebrate uniqueness within our work community. We believe our greatest ideas come from a diverse mix of mindsets, backgrounds, and experiences. We’re committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment where all of our employees feel welcome, comfortable, and have the opportunity to thrive.
Reporting to the VP of People & Culture, you will be responsible for delivering on the development and execution of HR strategies that support the achievement of business objectives. Your role will include workforce planning, organizational design, change management, succession and talent planning, HR program deployment, and advising/coaching our Leaders on developing and engaging a world-class team.
Your impact, 90 days and beyond:
- Ownership of the execution of HR programs and processes for your designated client groups (Sales, Customer Success, Marketing)
- Demonstrate both a strategic mindset and a hands-on approach in supporting business objectives and the employee experience, delivering value-added services to managers and employees
- Enable a high-performance culture by executing a people strategy to attract, retain, and develop employees, communicating vision/values/business strategy to advance an inclusive work environment
- Manage succession and development planning, owning the talent strategy for your client groups providing leaders with insights and solutions on talent priorities and needs
- Serve as a consultant to leaders on people-related issues, utilizing HR data to identify themes/trends and recommend effective solutions to address
- Champion the employee experience by fostering a culture of inclusion whereby all employees feel involved, valued and respected
- Execution of focused employee engagement, diversity and inclusion programs
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources including two years dealing directly with Senior Leadership
- Experience with varied HR information systems and reporting tools
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present to large audiences and senior leadership
- Strong functional HR expertise in organizational design, performance management, employee engagement, coaching and development, data analytics
- Demonstrated knowledge of business practices and the link between HR strategy and business strategy
- High degree of personal and professional integrity with the ability to work with confidential information
Nice to have:
- CHRP, CHRL or other HR designation, is an asset
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong consulting skills with a demonstrated ability to influence decision making and build consensus
- Relationship builder who can engage at every level of an organization in a confidential and diplomatic fashion
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action
HomeStars has recently been recognized as:
- Best Workplaces Managed by Women, Canada 2020
- Best Workplaces in Technology, Canada 2020
- Best Workplaces for Today’s Youth, Canada 2020
*We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.