HEAD OF AD TECH AND PROGRAMMATIC MEDIA (REVENUE)
If you like to conceptualize, design and build solutions using digital ad tech, then we would love to talk with you! The Globe and Mail is seeking an ambitious, performance-driven individual with passion for digital operations and ad revenue platforms. Having a background in programming will go a long way for this role as we’re not looking for cookie cutter solutions!
The Globe and Mail is a National icon and Canada’s most recognizable media brand. We investigate stories that need to be told and publish on multiple platforms. No matter what your role at The Globe, you’ll be part of an organization that makes a difference through courageous, empathetic and honest journalism.
As Head of Ad Tech and Programmatic Media, you will lead the advancement of our digital ad stack for The Globe and Mail and our Globe Alliance partnerships. This includes managing ad tech assets/platforms that support our full funnel sales capabilities (premium and performance), supporting our commercial strategy to accelerate our data foundation, and providing strategic direction to a team responsible for booking, troubleshooting, and optimizing ad delivery. You will drive thought leadership and execute plans for ad tech/data integrations designed to optimize revenue, lead technical conversations with vendors and publishing partners to support future growth, and will maintain/develop in-house solutions for reporting programmatic, dashboards and analytics.
- Maintain and optimize our ad solutions stack, programmatic setup, Header Bidding, and Alliance partner tagging.
- Work closely with the Commercial Data team, cross-functional teams and related vendors as we transform or data foundation to meet the increasing needs for privacy, transparency, and 1st party data.
- Manage a team of direct reports that support programmatic operations including, campaign booking/delivery/buying, managing partner pub tech setups, and other daily functions of digital operations
- Identify and build on opportunities with both staff and technology to help advance our digital platform utilization and offerings.
- Contribute and advise in advancing our digital platform from a technical level including pricing/bidding, rule management, forecasting, audits, program improvements, efficiencies, strategic analysis
- Work closely with sales leaders to ensure that ad products, packages and programmatic offerings support marketplace demands
- Develop, implement and maintain our proprietary solutions (dashboards, reporting, pipeline activity) that support digital operations, sales and revenue management.
- Collaborate with other parts of the organization (sales, revenue management, data science, product development, and UX) to ensure that are capabilities are aligned with our Digital Roadmap
- Initiate and maintain partner relationships, assess partnership viability and growth opportunities, & navigate deals with the support of cross functional internal teams (legal/revenue management/ finance)
- 5+ years hands-on and leadership experience in digital ad tech at a publisher, tech company, ad agency or ad network
- Extensive knowledge of the ad tech ecosystem, including programmatic and data platforms.
- Clear, strategic thinker with the ability to execute on priorities and not afraid to roll their sleeves up
- Ability to aggregate data from multiple sources and compile it into a digestible and actionable format; build executive-level dashboards
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills and experience working with large sets of data
- Experience with vendor management and contract negotiations
- Passionate and inquisitive in emerging digital media technologies
- A proven leader that empowers their colleagues around them
The Globe and Mail offers competitive pay and flexible work arrangements. Our headquarters are located on the top floors of 351 King Street east in Toronto, offering and innovative work environment with breathtaking views of the city.
All offers of employment with The Globe and Mail are conditional upon the candidate being Fully Vaccinated. To be Fully Vaccinated is defined as someone who has received the full series of a vaccine or a combination of vaccines accepted by the Government of Canada (currently Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Janssen) and has received the last dose at least 14 days prior to their start date. To prove they are Fully Vaccinated, all new hires will be required to provide evidence by emailing a copy of their vaccine dose administration receipt(s) to Human Resources prior to their start date. Those seeking exemption based on one or more of the protected grounds in the Human Rights Code will need to provide their request for accommodation to Human Resources for approval. If the accommodation request is not approved and the candidate is not Fully Vaccinated, any offer of employment will be revoked.
THE GLOBE AND MAIL IS DEDICATED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION IN THE WORKPLACE
The Globe and Mail is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We believe this strengthens our business and our journalism. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, regardless of race, ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, age, and physical ability. As required by the Federal Contractors Program, The Globe also tracks the proportion of staff in the four Employment Equity categories (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Persons with Disabilities, and Members of Visible Minorities) to ensure we are reflecting the areas in which we work.
The Globe and Mail offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.