Job ID 22555
GRANT WRITER, GOVERNMENT RELATIONS
TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home – TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We encourage you to reflect on the land that you are on, who the traditional keepers of the land are, what the treaty relationship is, or if it’s unceded territory. TIFF is located on the Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit and the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, the Wendat, and the Haudenosaunee. We are grateful to work on this land.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
GRANT WRITER, GOVERNMENT RELATIONS
Reporting to the Director, Government Relations, the Grant Writer is primarily responsible for preparing annual and project funding applications for all levels of government and their agencies supporting TIFF’s year-round and Festival programming and adhering to stewardship requirements for that funding throughout the year.
- Building strong government relationships and supporting the solicitation of annual and project funding from all levels of government and their agencies supporting TIFF’s year-round and Festival programming
- Supporting research, identification, development, and creation of funding requests for submission to all levels of government and government agencies in conjunction with all departments within TIFF
- Working collaboratively with the Industry and Audience & Community teams at TIFF to develop funding proposals and partnerships that support initiatives led by these teams and achieve TIFF’s strategic priorities
- Oversee grant stewardship and administration including filing required reports, ensuring compliance with government contracts, invoicing and collection of funds, development of budgets, etc.
- Research policies and legislative announcements as they pertain to the arts and culture, and film industry.
- Create various TIFF correspondence and communications for stakeholders such as drafting briefing notes internally, letters, annual reports, and grant project specific reporting requirements
- Supervise internal data requests, planning meetings, database management, grant processing, contract agreement execution, and participate in committee meetings
- Coordinate ticketing needs, partner access passes, event invitations, and venue seating charts for stakeholders during annual film festival
JOB GRADE & SALARY OR RATE OF PAY:
- Job Grade 2
- April 17, 2023
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Post-secondary education in a related field is an asset
- Experience with fundraising and grant writing is an asset
- Experience working with the government is an asset
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
- This position requires being in office on a regular basis.
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- All applications must be submitted online through TIFF’s Career Centre.
- Please upload your cover letter and resumé as one PDF, before the deadline of FRIDAY, MARCH 31, 2023.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. TIFF regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
Please send any questions via e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TIFF is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. As such, we welcome and encourage applicants who identify as racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation and/or assistance during the application process, please contact us in advance at email@example.com. We strive to provide reasonable accommodations whenever requested.