Fundraising Coordindator Job Description-**CLICK LINK FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION**
6 month contract, fulltime (35 Hours per week) November 2021- April 2022
Contract-extension possible subject to certain conditions.
SoundCheck Youth Arts Inc. (“Soundcheck”) is a black-led non-profit organization that helps children and youth facing barriers realize their full potential through dynamic music and mentorship programs. We offer unique programs and services catered towards musicians of all levels of musical proficiency. Whether it is building confidence, creating lasting friendships or supporting artistic and professional growth, our work has proven that music builds community. Operating from our soon to be renovated 2200sq/ft music facility, we are a leading musician incubator that offers wraparound support to musicians.
The FC will potentially also lead SoundCheck’s in-house marketing activities including the creation and dissemination of communication materials (i.e. flyers, press releases, social media posts etc.) and the management of our online presence.
The FC is a self-starter who embraces new challenges. The ideal candidate has significant experience in the areas of fundraising and/or digital marketing and possesses the skills and knowledge to excel in the role.
The position is a hybrid in-office /virtual work position depending on the task assigned.
Reporting to: Executive Director
- High-Proficiency with Google workplace (sheets, docs, drive etc.)
- Significant fundraising experience within the nonprofit sector
- Possesses competence required to work with black and other diverse communities
- Work effectively independently as well as in a team setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of complex justice and equity issues through lived experience and/or experience working for a non-profit organization
- Demonstrated ability to work within Anti-Black Racism and Anti-Oppressive Framework
- High proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and other social media platforms
- Strong graphic design skills and high level of creativity
- Video & Photography editing skills are an asset
- Experience with email marketing platforms such as mailchimp
- Detail oriented and well-organized
- Enjoys creative, inspiring work environments
- Ability to develop & manage detailed budgets
- Ability to learn new skills
- Develop and implement a fundraising plan in collaboration with the Executive Director centred on revenue generation, diversification & sustainability
- Build strategic partnerships amongst stakeholders aligned with SoundCheck’s mission and values
- Develop & Implement tailored strategies to connect corporate sponsors, individual donors, and other strategic partners to SoundCheck’s work.
- Cultivate & grow donor relationships using proven fundraising strategies
- Implement agency fundraising initiatives and events
- Write and coordinate grants in collaboration with the Executive Director
- Manage donor database on an ongoing basis
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Relevant post-secondary education in nonprofit management, communications, marketing, business or related fields is preferred
- Experience of 3-5 years non-profit fundraising activities is an asset
- Vulnerable Sector check required upon hiring
- Flexible start date is an asset (ability to begin in October)
Please send your resume and cover letter with “Fundraising Coordinator” in the subject heading to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 26, 2021. No phone calls please.