Job ID 15634
The Full Stack GIS Developer will work with the web mapping team to develop and maintain map centric visualization and reporting tools in ENVISION our enterprise SaaS platform for reporting and data analysis. As part of the web mapping team, you will use your GIS and web development expertise to develop new front-end features using React and ArcGIS JS, automate processes using Python and deploy spatial services using ArcGIS Enterprise. This is a dynamic role that will require broad experience in web development and GIS as well as a willingness to learn and adopt new technologies.
To effectively fulfil the responsibilities of this position, the employee must be able to complete the following:
- Develop innovative map-based apps, visualizations and workflows using ArcGIS JS and React.JS
- Debug and troubleshoot bugs across the stack (React.js, .NET, ArcGIS Enterprise, SQL Server)
- Write Python scripts to automate tasks and monitor services.
- Write spatial SQL queries to support web services or debug issues.
- Write, edit and maintain .NET web services to support web application as needed.
- Leverage ArcGIS Platform and Esri’s ecosystem to present EA’s data products to our clients.
- Collaborate with Product and Project Management team to determine project requirements, timelines, and risks.
- Collaborate with other members on the Software team to resolve issues and develop solutions.
Experience – Must be experienced in web development, spatial databases and GIS Software
- HTML5, CSS
- Python – ArcPy/GeoPandas
- Database – MS SQL Server, Snowflake, or relevant cloud data warehouses
- C# – .NET
- GIS – ArcGIS Pro/ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Enterprise/ ArcGIS Online
- Project Management – GIT, Azure DevOps, Scrum, Agile
Education - Have a diploma/degree in geography, geographic analysis, computer science or equivalent.
Ownership - Takes full ownership in what you do and delivers high-quality solutions from conception to production.
Judgement – Make timely decisions, including appropriate people in the decision-making process and exhibits sound and accurate assessment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
Skills Development – Looks forward to taking an active part in shaping your team’s ways of working and programming practices.
Teamwork – Enjoy working with the team and believe your team’s success is more important than your own interests.
Innovation – Present great ideas and creative solutions for our challenges and get other’s agreement.
Communication Skills - Able to express your ideas clearly in both verbal and written form. Practice effective listening for understanding and asking questions for clarification. We love to answer questions rather than leaving you wondering.
Interpersonal Skills – You are approachable, easy to talk to and friendly 😊.