Key Assets is part of a global organization, changing the lives of children everywhere. In Canada, our non-profit offices are in Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador, and Nova Scotia. Within Ontario, our head office is in Mississauga and we have a satellite office in London, Ontario. Collectively, our dynamic organization provides various services to young people and families with complex needs. This includes foster family placements, family-based care, residential care, therapeutic support, clinical services and community training.
We are currently hiring for our office in Mississauga, Ontario for the permanent full-time position of:
Foster Care Manager
As the Foster Care Manager, you will be responsible for developing programs and services and be an integral part of the Leadership team promoting a positive organizational culture and a commitment to our Key Assets Purpose & Pledges. You will provide leadership to the Foster Support and Child and Youth Work staff in supporting and supervising carers and ensuring that children and youth are cared for in accordance to the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services licensing standards.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to:
- Manage, develop, and provide guidance to the Direct Service Team as designated and in line with Key Assets Framework for Standards of Excellence
- Ensure the Foster Support activities of the team adhere to MCCSS licensing standards
- Ensure and monitor compliance in relation to documentation and carer file maintenance
- Provide supervision and annual performance reviews for Social Work and Child and Youth Worker staff
- Development and facilitation of training for agency staff and community partners where required
- Oversight of the agency Serious Occurrence reporting procedures within regulated timelines
- Liaise with customers and community partners
- Provide crisis management and participation in providing supervisory support within the on-call rotation
To be successful in this role, the candidate is required to have:
- BSW or MSW with 2 to 5 years’ experience in the field of child welfare with an additional 2 to 5 years of supervisory experience OR CYW Diploma/Degree with 5 to 7 years’ experience in child welfare and 3 to 5 years’ supervisory experience
- Must be registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) or Ontario Association of Child and Youth Care (OACYC)
- Must have current and valid Standard First Aid CPR certification
- A valid G class license with a clean driving record and daily access to a safe/reliable vehicle with a minimum of $2-Million liability insurance
- Must be able to provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Police Check as well as a clear Child Welfare Check
Key Assets Offers:
- Paid sick leave entitlement up to eight (8) days per year
- Competitive Salary ($70,000 to $81,149 annually)
- 20 days (4 weeks) of vacation entitlement per year
- Flexible work environment with combination of in office and work from home
- Generous learning development with plenty of exciting training and certification courses
If this exciting opportunity describes you, we invite you to submit a cover letter along with your resume to Candice Stead, Human Resources Coordinator (Candice.Stead@keyassetsnl.ca).
The closing date for applications is August 2, 2021.
Interviews will be scheduled for August 18, 2021.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
At Key Assets, we pledge our commitment to valuing diversity and inclusion and strive to act with cultural sensitivity and respect. We are strongly committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the populations that we serve and will continuously strive to build and sustain an equitable work environment. We will always challenge the norm, ask questions, and keep our promises.
We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, which includes applicants from all cultures, diverse gender identity and expression, race, and others who contribute to our diverse population.
We ask applicants who may require an accommodation to contact our Human Resources Department who will work to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation(s) for the interview and selection process.