Position Title: Forklift Operator
Location: North York, Ontario
Status: Permanent; Full Time
Department: Chesswood Warehouse
Why join the Johnvince Foods team?
Johnvince Foods is recognized as a Platinum Club member in Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies for over 10 years. We are a family-run Canadian business, with more than 45 years of experience processing, manufacturing and distributing bulk and packaged products across North America. Our nut products, confections and other food products include many of the most recognizable brands enjoyed in households every day, including Planters Peanuts.
We are looking for a Forklift Operator to join our team in Toronto.
Our offices are currently open, and measures have been put in place to protect the health and safety of our employees, customers and community with COVID-19. This position will be required to work at our head office in North York, Ontario.
About the opportunity:
Our Forklift Operator provides support and great contribution to the success of our supply chain. In this role you will utilize industrial trucks equipped to move, locate, relocate and stack materials around our Chesswood warehouse. The successful candidate will be accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle while loading and unloading of trucks to ensure optimal operation of the business.
What will you be doing?
- Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Manually load and unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, trucks.
- Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into trailers
- Use radio frequency (RF) equipment for picking, receiving, put-away, and load functions, as required.
- Accurately ship and receive products.
- Perform daily inspection of Forklift at start and end of shift and log any maintenance issues.
- Assists with physical inventories as required.
- Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
If you have the following background & personal attributes:
- Completion of Secondary School or equivalent
- 1-year related work experience preferred
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment an asset
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently
We want to hear from you!
Like what you’re hearing so far, but still wondering if Johnvince Foods is right for you? We offer:
- Competitive compensation & health and benefits package
- Employee discount in retail store
- Work / life balance
- Career growth
- Office conveniently located at Dufferin & Finch and accessible to the TTC subway station
Interested in being a part of the Johnvince Foods team? Does this sound like you? If so, we look forward to your application! Johnvince embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Work will involve exposure to nuts and/or nut-based products.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org