Job ID 22273
At Trisura, we expect more because we believe it can be done better.
We are a young, growth oriented team with a commitment to exceptional talent and have been named one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers since 2017. Our growth and our entrepreneurial style, niche market position and development opportunities ensure that our people see the results of their commitment reflected in the company’s success.
We are currently seeking a qualified individual to join our dedicated, forward-thinking group of Surety Underwriters in our Toronto office.
Financial Analyst/Senior Underwriter/Underwriter, Commercial Surety
As a member of the team, the successful applicant will be responsible work on commercial surety initiatives and priorities that are national in scope. The ideal candidate is driven and results oriented with the capability to build upon and foster relationships.
As an integral member of the team, you will bring:
- Solid financial statement analysis skills
- Demonstrated capability for outstanding customer service and building long term relationships
- Proven track record for quick, accurate problem resolution
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic, good organizational skills and the ability to work well, both independently and in a team-based environment
- A great attitude and entrepreneurial spirit, embracing our vision “a step above”
- Perform financial analysis of new submissions and existing business
- Provide underwriting support for branch offices across the country on new submissions and monitor existing business for all classes of commercial surety.
- Assist with the management of all programs including the development and assessment of new programs and the enhancement and maintenance of existing programs.
- Participate as part of an audit team on branch accounts and programs.
- Manage all online and manual programs for over-line authorizations, cancellations and endorsements.
- Participate with all business units to develop and enhance Trisura’s broker relationships.
- Collaborate with Trisura’s E-Commerce team on commercial surety-related initiatives
- Assist in bringing new products to market.
- Assist in the preparation and production of marketing materials.
- Leverage strategic relationships with Trisura’s US partners including the management of premium bordereaus.
- Provide oversight of the Commercial Surety online knowledge centre.
- Successful completion of BCom, or BA with Business, Accounting, Finance, or Economics concentration
- 2+ years of experience with financial statement analysis, financial modeling and valuation.
- Previous experience in surety, finance or commercial banking is a definite asset.
- Bilingual in French and English an asset
If you are looking for a career in an exciting and rewarding company, are driven to excel, thrive in a team environment and want to contribute to the success of an organization that values your contribution, we would like to hear from you!
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace that reflects the diversity in each of our offices across Canada. Accommodations will be provided on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our recruitment and selection process.
Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company, headquartered in the heart of Canada’s financial district, is a specialty lines insurer with a focus on Surety, Specialty Insurance, Property & Casualty, and Warranty products.
As a Canadian owned and operated company, Trisura brings innovative solutions and expertise through a select network of both national and regional brokerage firms.
The company, founded in 2006, and operating across Canada with offices in Toronto, Halifax, Montréal, Calgary and Vancouver, is uniquely positioned to satisfy all varieties of risk in Contract, Commercial and Developer Surety, Directors’ and Officers’ Liability, Fidelity, and Professional Liability including Media Liability, as well as Warranty products.