Quark Expeditions is the world leader in polar adventure travel. Since 1991, Quark has been establishing a tradition of firsts in polar travel: as the first to transit the Northeast Passage with adventure travelers; the first to take travelers to the far side of Antarctica; and the first to circumnavigate the Antarctic continent with guests. Quark is recognized for its diverse fleet of passenger vessels and offers the widest variety of polar itineraries of any travel adventure company.
The Quark Expeditions Staffing Team, a small contingent of the Operations Department, oversees all recruitment, hiring, scheduling, training and development, and ongoing logistical and administrative support of the Expedition Team in and outside of operations. The Staffing Team is made up of individuals with multiple years of in-field experience and is closely linked to all aspects of operations. Our team values and prioritizes open communication, inclusion, teamwork, growth & development, constructive feedback & courageous conversations.
We currently have an opening for an Expedition Team Support Specialist to join our group. Location Toronto/Canada. This Is a remote based position
Reporting to the Manager, Expedition Team Projects & Processes, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to all members of the expedition team. Collecting, managing and analyzing data; provide timely and personalized responses via email and phone. Using your people-facing, problem-solving, and analytical skills to ensure questions are answered to the highest possible standard. On a daily basis, you will work closely with various teams to collaborate on projects and tasks, working towards simplifying and improving the Staffing Team’s administrative systems and processes.
What you will be doing:
- Manage Schedule Confirmations and Contracts.
- Support the management of team profiles and track mandatory certifications for the Quark Team.
- Oversee applications for Seamans Record Books.
- Assist with the pay scale review process.
- Build cabin assignments charts.
- Build, maintain and issue the team Manifests.
- Support the collection and revision of team biographies.
- Collect and track Development Tools, Feedback and Assessments.
- Communicate regularly with Expedition Coordinator team to track and maintain staff emails lists, cabin assignments and voyage gratuities.
- Support processes related to the travel and deployment of Expedition Team. To include:
- Supprt the application of Expedition Team Travel Visas;
- Purchase f individual insurance policies;
- Setup f staff transfers to/from ports of embarkation and disembarkation.
- Support the coordination of regular workflow and communications to other departments.
What we are looking for:
- Diploma or degree in a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in Office Administration and/or the travel and tourism industry, preferably staff or passenger/customer facing.
- 3+ years’ experience in an administrative role; superior planning for large scale events and project management experience with an emphasis on client relations.
- Experience/interest in the polar regions is considered an asset.
- Ability to prioritize tasks of all weights, multi-task, plan and execute.
- Ability to work under pressure with many competing objectives and deliverables.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Creative thinker with a keen eye for streamlining processes.
- Understanding of and empathy for the challenges and nuances of working in the adventure tourism industry
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and remain unbiased in all situations.
- Values and prioritizes open communication, inclusion, teamwork, growth & development, constructive feedback & courageous conversations.
- Strong MS Office experience, advanced level Excel. Experience with databases such as: MXP, Smartsheet, QuickBooks, Amadeus etc. Is considered an asset.
- Adept with learning new technologies and systems.
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal.
- Exemplary attention to detail.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online today with your resume, we would love to hear from you!