Job Title: Director of Programs & Service Delivery
Direct Supervisor: Executive Director
The CEE Centre For Young Black Professionals is a charity dedicated to addressing economic and social barriers affecting black youth (18-29 years). We offer programs to improve their careers, education, and empowerment (CEE) that are holistic, person-centred and culturally relevant. Based in Toronto, we work to strengthen the social service sector in the city by providing training in areas of responsive programming, trauma-informed care and cultural competence to front-line workers.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Programs and Service Delivery’s mission is to support the programs and wrap-around supports effectively and according to the operational
plan at CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals. To ensure the success of the programs and wrap-around supports from strategy to target metrics, to outcomes and indicators. Be the voice, creative mind, insightful data-driven learner, team player, and act as a force multiplier to drive growth.
Program Management & Delivery:
● Drive program function and successful program delivery, including stakeholder and resource acquisition.
● Represent CEE on exploratory calls with potential partners and potential and/or existing funders
● Engage continuously to collect program and attendance metrics through feedback loop such as surveys and report it to operations teams.
● Create a program/project plan, get buy-in from other stakeholder teams, and execute it successfully within scope, budget, and timeline.
● Keeping a pulse on the labour trends and ensuring that programs are meeting the needs of the Black community at all times
● oversee sector leadership initiatives
Social & Wrap Around Supports:
● Ensure that the social supports team is functioning effectively and is receiving the supports required to offer the signature WRAP around supports offered by CEE to members and alumni. This includes psychotherapy, counselling as well as practical assistance.
● Check-in with Social Supports Manager and Psychotherapist supervisor to ensure that services being offered to meet the needs of the participants.
● Ensure that the hardship fund is being well maintained and needs are being flagged for additional supports and resources when required.
Participant & Staff Health & Safety:
● Ensuring that program participants and staff are able to safely and effectively deliver programming.
● Ensure that any and all technological avenues are being explored to deliver programming and a smooth transition back to in-person programming at the appropriate time.
Grants & Sponsorship Development:
● Working with the Executive Director & Fund Development Specialist to identify programs that can be sponsored and/or funded through grants. Working closely on identifying and
providing the necessary information required about the programs to successfully complete these grants and proposals
HR & Team Management:
● Manage the Program staff team including individual meetings, team meetings as well as
performance management is in place.
Budget & Administration:
● Manage overall Program budget, ensure that financial reporting is being upheld and
reports are being completed within given timelines
● Experience in the non-profit organization, tech industry, education industry, and event management is an asset.
● Experience managing large staff teams and multiple programs within a medium to large size non-profit organization
● Deep understanding and experience working with and understanding the needs of the Black community in Toronto.
● Determined to succeed and have worked or earned a degree or certification in the project, program, product and event management or a similar role
● A highly motivated individual who consistently delivers high performance against programs target metrics outcome and indicators (KPI)
● Curious to always learn and seek new innovative ways to deliver results.
● Keep your promises and commitments seriously and have strong integrity.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Great organizational skills.
● Excellent organizational skills-ability to pay close attention to detail.
● Must be independent, self-motivated, and success-driven, yet willing to work within a team environment.
Interested Applicants are asked to please email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants. At CEE, we are fortunate to receive a high number of applications. Hence, please note that only those applicants' skills and experience align with the
role's requirement will be contacted.
We look forward to having you on our team.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES ACROSS CANADA