We are looking for a collaborative leader with demonstrated experience in transformational HR practices, employment law and compliance, and a substantial background in organizational development.
Park People is dedicated to promoting equity, multiculturalism, and inclusion in our offices and in all of the work that we do. We are striving for a staff team that is representative of the communities where we work, and encourage applications from BIPOC candidates.
As Director of People and Culture you will ensure we attract, develop and retain the talent across Canada to deliver on our mission. Your role will include:
- Working collaboratively with Park People’s leadership team to shape critical and strategic directions on HR, planning, policies, and programs;
- Championing and building Park People’s organizational culture, assisting staff across the organization to align with our values through internal programs and communications that inspire commitment to Park People’s mission, core work, and diversity, equity and inclusion, and goals;
- Maintaining knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation, and ensuring Park People’s employment policies and practices promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, are consistent with best practices in the field, and are fully compliant with applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and other regulatory requirements governing the workplace;
- Reviewing and making recommendations for improvement of policies, procedures, and practices in staff engagement and organizational development
- Developing a talent development strategy, identifying organizational and departmental training needs, assisting staff with their professional development goals, and monitoring and evaluating success;
- Supporting the development of the organization’s people managers – by providing training, clear processes and mentorship to manage and resolve employee relations issues;
- Overseeing all HR administration, including the organization’s benefits programs, payroll support as needed, and all HR related contracts;
- Building a healthy team culture of collaboration, accountability, support, ongoing learning, and effective processes.
The skills and experience you bring to the role include:
- Understanding of best practices and experience in shaping organizational culture and building diverse, inclusive, equitable, and engaged workplaces;
- Working knowledge of current industry trends in recruitment, compensation practices, data analysis, training and professional development, and employee relations;
- Expertise in federal, provincial, and local laws/regulations affecting employer practices and compliance requirements, with specific knowledge of requirements for non-profits;
- Familiarity with strategic planning and experience consulting and educating senior management on organizational development and HR-related practices through a change management lens;
- 8-10 years experience in people management, with particular emphasis on transformational HR practices;
- Extensive experience administering employee benefit and pension systems and using other HRIS;
- A solid understanding of non-profit operations and internal systems for cross-departmental collaboration, with demonstrated experience in revising or developing HR policies and procedures to meet changing organizational needs;
- Resourceful and able to find creative solutions, thinking beyond current systems and approaches, while rooting solutions in organizational values;
- Inspirational leader with experience leading a team of professionals;
- A certificate/diploma/degree in HR management.
A few other things that aren’t required but would make you a great fit…
- Leadership experience in organisations working nationally and/or in hybrid remote and in-person workplaces;
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) in good standing;
- Working knowledge of French.
Location: Our preference is for someone located in Toronto, though we are open to candidates from across Canada and will assume a blend of remote and in-person work.
Park People is a great place to work:
Anticipated Start Date: January 2022 or before