Reporting to the Chief Commercialization Officer & VP, Industry Innovation, the Director, Industry Innovation will be responsible for sourcing, building, and nurturing relationships in order to maximize sponsorship opportunities within the Canadian AI ecosystem. Acting as both a business developer and relationship manager, the incumbent will be the primary day-to-day interface between industry sponsors and Vector research activities, ensuring coordination and delivery of Vector industry programmes that meet the direct needs of industry sponsors ranging from large multi-nationals to start-ups and scale-ups.
- Develop and execute on targeted plans, strategies, and relationships to proactively generate leads and increase the number of Vector enterprise sponsors;
- Nurture effective working relationships with designated sponsor organizations, gaining deep insights into their businesses, acting as the primary contact on all activities and programmes related to industry interaction, and providing service solutions and strategic guidance as required;
- Ensure strong bi-lateral communication between Vector and industry sponsors, identifying opportunities for Vector’s existing value proposition and services to support the specific needs of the industry sponsor;
- Promote sponsor participation in Vector’s additional value add services such as involvement in Vector job fairs, and enrollment in Vector courses;
- Develop, implement and maintain ongoing progress reports, sponsor profiles and other processes and tools designed to measure achievement of sponsorship goals, improve operational efficiency, and refine and reinforce strategies in a timely, proactive manner, utilizing Vector’s CRM system as needed. Share these resources within the Industry Innovation team and broader organization as required;
- Support partner workstreams in the design and implementation of student focused initiatives and programmes such as job fairs, online job postings, and internships within industry that help to address AI talent needs;
- Engage in the Canadian AI ecosystem to help position Vector as a critical element in leading and facilitating economic growth and social impact by participating in business and community events, and presenting at conferences, seminars, and workshops as a spokesperson for Vector; and,
- Other related duties and projects as assigned.
- The Industry Innovation team reaches its various metrics and targets (i.e., renewal and sponsorship growth) as approved by Vector’s President & CEO and Board of Directors;
- Agreements between the Vector Institute and industry sponsors are concise and coherent with appropriate oversight and accountability;
- Internal and external stakeholder feedback is such that Vector’s Industry Innovation team provides high quality service, support, and impactful data/resources as required; and,
- Sponsor feedback is such that Vector’s programs and offerings are valuable and help to improve and inform various internal processes.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Holds, at minimum, a university degree.
- Has a minimum of 5-7 years of demonstrated success in a relationship management role characterized by strong personal relationships, an in depth understanding of a partner organization’s operations and strategies, and the ability to adapt these company insights to tangible service solutions.
- Has a minimum of 5-7 years of demonstrated success in cultivating, securing, and stewarding major gifts/sponsorships or economic development and investment attraction.
- Deep experience and broad relationships across Ontario within industry is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to meet annually agreed upon revenue targets.
- Experience creating proposals, presentations and other persuasive documents, in alignment with established organizational guidelines.
- An understanding/appreciation of the transformative and disruptive potential of Machine Learning technologies, their corresponding effects in health/business, and the extent of their deployment in modern systems is an asset.
- Possesses exceptional verbal and written English communication skills; are effective in presenting to a diverse set of stakeholders from the business and technology ecosystem.
- Team player who is able to work independently and as part of a broader group to set goals and meet targeted deadlines.
- Experience working with academics and/or within an academic environment or non-profit is an asset.
- A base understanding of the various organizations in Vector’s ecosystem (e.g., MEDJCT, OCE, and MaRS) and other key sector participants (including ICT, financial services, and manufacturing) is considered an asset.
- Brings energy, integrity, a sense of humour, and a positive outlook to a corporate culture.
For other details, please visit the link provided.