We’re searching for a customer service professional with expertise and knowledge in technology. Someone who can assist library customers with their needs but also maintain, lead and promote our new digital and maker spaces at the Eastside Branch. A forward-thinking, creative and technology-minded individual who places high value on building connections with people within our diverse community. Excited yet?
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for booking, training, use and maintenance of digispace and makerspace with customers and staff.
- Assist customers in the library with reader’s advisory, reference and in-library technology.
- Acts as Person in Charge (PIC) regularly where responsible for making decisions and resolving issues.
- First response technical troubleshooting at the branch for customers and staff.
- Develop and deliver technical training for internal and customer use.
What we’re looking for:
- Exceptional and well-rounded communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent technology skills and aware of technology trends. Experience supporting and troubleshooting wide variety of tech.
- Ability to create and deliver technical-based training in several formats.
- Critical thinking skills with demonstrated ability to use good judgement.
- Minimum college diploma plus 2 years of related library and customer experience.
Regular Schedule: Mondays 9 – 5, Tuesdays 9:30 – 5:30, Wednesdays 1 – 9, Thursdays 9:30 – 5:30, alternating Fridays & Saturdays 9:30 – 5:30. Schedule is subject to change.
The starting wage $52,579 annually (level E). Benefits and OMERS pension provided. The ability to work at any library location is a requirement of this position.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by January 24, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Waterloo Public Library welcomes applications from diverse backgrounds including Indigenous persons, Black persons, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ+ persons and others that will contribute to the broadening of our ideas and experiences. For persons with disabilities, accommodations will be available upon request for any aspect of the recruitment process.