CreateTO, launched on January 1, 2018, is a municipal government agency established to manage the City of Toronto’s real estate portfolio. CreateTO works collaboratively with City stakeholders, external partners and community members to create more livable, sustainable and inclusive communities. The agency will enable the City, for the first time, to adopt a strategic city-wide approach towards the delivery of real estate solutions to promote a balance of community and economic benefits.
Reporting to the Director, Development Planning, the Development Planner assists with planning research and analysis and prepares reports, drawings, graphics, maps and other related documents to support the Planning and Development Team and other divisions across the Agency as required. The role is also responsible for providing general Planning assistance with ongoing projects and assists in the co-ordination of due diligence materials to support CreateTO development proposals, municipal planning applications, projects and initiatives.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Geography, and/or related discipline.
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience is required at a professional level.
- Member of the Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI) or willingness to pursue membership status.
- Current knowledge regarding land use planning, municipal planning processes and approvals, provincial planning law and development issues.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop), SketchUp and GIS software.
- Ability to prepare maps and graphics.
- Detail oriented and must possess excellent research and analytical skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to efficiently organize, coordinate, and complete tasks and projects.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
CreateTO is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Candidates can request accommodation related to the protected grounds at any stage of the hiring process.
Our organization is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment and we especially welcome applications from individuals within equity seeking groups. We strive to provide an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Diversity in race, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, age and perspective are proven to build better companies. Our goal is to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and be themselves. For more information on CreateTO, please visit our website at www.createto.ca.
Interested and qualified candidates are required to send their resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title “Development Planner” in the subject line by Friday, June 17th to be considered for this position. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies at this time please.