Job Req ID: 397
Company: Canada Lands Company
Location: 1 University Ave Suite 1700 , Toronto , ON
Employment Status: Employee (Full-Time)
Please submit your application by Friday, May 14th, 2021 at 4:00 pm EST . If you wish to receive the job posting in french, please contact the HR department.
The Development Manager provides project management functions related to the regional properties in generating optimum value from the real estate holdings and acquisitions; manages, monitors, and reports on all planning, engineering, construction and servicing aspects and related activities for the regional project sites with particular emphasis on project schedules and the timely implementation of municipal approvals and servicing programs. Maintains and creates value through efficient financial budgeting and expense control, risk management and all other operational aspects of assigned income producing properties and properties held for development or sale located in the city/province.
- Provides development services to the Senior, Director Real estate to assist in delivering real estate projects within the constraints of schedules, budget and scope, including:
– Developing project plans;
– Monitoring and managing project schedules and budgets;
– Organizing project team meetings and preparing meeting updates;
– Maintaining and producing project documentation;
– Ensuring that all pertinent documentation is appropriately classified; and
– Managing the work of external multidisciplinary team (appraisers, architects, planners, engineers, contractors, developers, builders, etc.) in the achievement of project objectives.
- Participates in the preparation, review and implementation of divisional and regional short and long term planning activities (budgets, strategic and business plans, Board submissions and policy formulation).
- Develops and manages the procurement and selection processes for consultants and contractors, including development of scope of work statements
- Interacts with a wide range of audiences (e.g., government, public, other corporations) to achieve project objectives.
- Participates in the preparation and implementation of annual corporate plans and schedules.
- Manages the contract tendering process, including payments to contractors/service providers.
- Assists in expediting engineering and development approvals.
- Provides updates on project timing and costs relative to budgets on a continual basis to management.
- Prepares estimates for project costs in advance of tendering and awarding of contracts.
- Acts as a liaison for on-site home builders.
- Reviews and recommends approval of payments to contractors and consultants.
- Represents CLC’s interests on site by conducting site tours, explaining site characteristics and features to consultants, prospective tenants, government officials, as well as, community contacts.
- Manages environmental remediation within brownfield areas.
- Manages demolitions of existing buildings, retrofit, and replacement of existing utilities.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering or Planning or related field and/or significant related experience required.
- Minimum of six to eight years of previous project management experience required, including scheduling, budgeting and cost control.
- Demonstrated experience on multi-disciplinary land/re-development teams.
- Sound knowledge of municipal government organization and structure.
- Knowledge of municipal zoning, subdivision and site plan approval and registration processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory approval and site servicing requirements- direct experience in the city or province a definite asset.
- Knowledge of planning, urban design, property management and marketing considerations.
- Knowledge of Planning and Construction Law (an asset)
- Knowledge of environmental issues, requirements and remedies.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, AutoCAD, an asset.
WHAT WE DO
Canada Lands Company is a self-financing, federal Crown corporation that specializes in real estate, development and attractions management. The company’s goal in all it does is to produce the best possible benefit for Canadian communities and the Government of Canada. Canada Lands Company works to achieve its mandate with industry leading expertise; the company prides itself on its consultation based approach to pursuing community-oriented goals, environmental stewardship and heritage commemoration with all its projects across Canada.
The company’s activities ensure that former government properties are redeveloped or managed in accordance with their highest and best use, and that they are harmoniously reintegrated into local communities. Our goal is to help transform surplus parcels and reshape them to meet the needs of Canadians with inspiring and sustainable new neighbourhoods in which they can live, work and play.
Canada Lands Company CLC Limited is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canada Lands Company is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes. Should you require an accommodation, please inform us as soon as possible and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.