Job ID 26015
In this permanent, full-time role, you will join Park People’s development team and help lead our fundraising efforts. You will secure, steward, and manage key elements of Park People’s revenue stream, in particular corporate partnerships and foundations, and will be responsible for helping to ensure that our core work as well as new projects are sustainable over time.
We are looking for an experienced grant writer with a talent for fundraising strategy and experience managing large funding relationships.
Park People supports and mobilizes community park groups, community organizers, non-profits, park professionals and funders to activate the power of parks to build strong communities, healthy environments, and resilient cities.
We are actively working to hire, meaningfully engage with, and include guidance and input from, Black, Indigenous and people of colour in ways that centre intersectionality, Indigenous resilience, and anti-racist principles. We are committed to promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workspaces and programs, and encourage applications from BIPOC candidates.
As Development Manager your role will include:
- Working collaboratively with the Park People team to draft grant applications, funding proposals, and project reports;
- Researching corporate and foundation prospects nationally and in target cities across Canada, and helping to develop priorities, plans, strategies for the longer-term growth and diversification of Park People’s revenue streams;
- Utilizing Park People’s CRM database and other internal systems to track and coordinate fundraising pipelines, revenue distribution, stewardship opportunities, and partnership development;
- Developing and implementing plans for prospect research, initial outreach, and relationship building with potential funding partners, including attending pitch meetings;
- Work with the Communications and Marketing Team to assist in the creation of resources and proposal materials that are visually compelling and address potential funder priorities and needs;
- Supporting a healthy team culture of collaboration, accountability, support, ongoing learning, and effective processes.
- Supervising development and/or administrative coordinators, students, volunteers;
- Bringing an equity-informed approach to relationship-building
- Other duties as required
The skills and experience you bring to the role include:
- 4 years experience in fund development including grant applications, funding proposals, and report writing;
- Knowledge of the funding landscape in Canada, with a proven track record in generating revenue, writing large scale grants, funding applications, and funder reports, including contributions over $100,000;
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills, including comfort preparing and delivering effective and impactful presentations and proposals to government funding agencies, corporate executives, and philanthropic foundations;
- Familiarity with systems for account management, revenue forecasting, financial tracking/reporting, and customer relationship management (CRM) software;
- Collaboration skills enabling your work with members of the entire Park People team;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; effective at managing multiple priorities and deliverables with competing deadlines;
- Able to understand and articulate both team-specific and organizational needs and priorities;
- Experience supervising staff;
- Bilingualism (French and English) is a strong asset – please identify if you are bilingual in your application
- CFRE designation is an asset
Location: We are open to candidates from across Canada, with a preference for Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver. We will assume a largely remote role with possible occasional in-person obligations in Toronto, Montreal and/or Vancouver.
Starting Salary: $70,000-$80,000. We are open to considering a pro-rated 0.8FTE (4 day per week) position.
Application Deadline: June 4th, 2023
Anticipated Start Date: July 4th, 2023 (flexible)
Park People is a great place to work:
- We offer a generous benefits package including health and dental benefits, generous vacation time, bike share memberships in select cities, annual cost of living increases, and a pension plan.
- We have an amazing work culture with smart, engaged colleagues who want to learn and improve while having fun.
- We work remotely with colleagues across the country and have a strong culture of collaboration that supports a hybrid in-person and remote workplace.
- We value flexibility and work life balance for our team members and offer flexible work hours.
- We offer time and funding to support education and training, and to grow professionally with progressive career opportunities as Park People continues to grow.
- We provide you the chance to lead change and have an impact in communities across Canada.
Please send your resume and cover letter in one electronic file in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 4th, 2023 . We are thankful for all applications, and will only be contacting candidates invited for an interview. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com to provide your contact information.
To ensure the safety of our employees and our stakeholders, Park People requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.