Job Title: Curriculum Development Coordinator
Type: 24 hours/week
Contract Length: ASAP – April 1 2022 with opportunity for extension Start Date: ASAP
The CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals is seeking a Curriculum Development Coordinator to join our talented team of career development experts.
The CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals is a charity dedicated to addressing economic and social barriers affecting black youth ages 14 and over. Our activities are focused on youth workforce development, education, and advocacy to influence systems and policy.
CEE is updating and redesigning “CEE Essentials”- a library of professional and personal development workshops designed to equip youth with soft skills to thrive in the workplace. This redesign process will result in hosting and relaunching CEE Essentials Online via a Learning Management System so it can be packaged and licensed to other Black-focused and Black- serving organizations.
As Curriculum Development Coordinator, you are a self-motivated leader, passionate about Black youth communities and eager to contribute your ideas and talent to a major curriculum project You will play an essential role in coordinating the CEE Essentials Redesign project and contribute to the development of curriculum materials such as lesson plans, train the trainer guides and workshop presentations.
Project coordination will involve managing stakeholder input from the CEE Essentials Pilot Partners, coordinating the youth-driven Curriculum Redesign Team, ensuring project milestones are completed on time and supporting in logistics and production of the LMS as needed.
Curriculum development tasks include designing and writing workshops and learning materials relevant to Black emerging professionals, researching pedagogies, collating research to better understand the needs of young Black professionals, writing train the trainer materials and supporting on video and digital learning assets.
The ideal candidate has experience in education, curriculum design and/or program design and has worked with Black youth communities. We are looking for a self-motivated problem solver eager to contribute their ideas, passion and talents to this exciting new project for CEE.
As a Curriculum Development Coordinator, you will:
Work collaboratively with the Curriculum Manager on the vision, development and production of CEE Essentials Online.
Liaise with project stakeholders and manage input from the CEE Essentials Pilot Partners, coordinating the youth-driven Curriculum Redesign Team
Conduct research to support and guide learning objectives and workshop content Design workshops and write workshop lesson plans and presentations
Oversee freelance curriculum writers to ensure quality control
Rewrite existing CEE Essentials workshops to match new lesson plan templates Contribute to the ‘Train the Trainer’ videos, intended for those who will facilitate the curriculum
Coordinate and facilitate meetings with the Curriculum Redesign Team to develop content ideas and themes
Coordinate CEE Essentials monthly pilot partner meetings and engage stakeholders in curriculum development process.
Adapt existing workshop ideas into written curriculum
Regularly review, assess, and evaluate the effectiveness of the program and curriculum Perform other duties as assigned
We are looking for someone who:
- – Has extensive experience in designing, developing, and implementing effective curriculaand educational materials in either education or non-profit settings.
- – Has knowledge of curriculum theories and practices, and methods of curriculum research,preparation and evaluation
- – Has a strong background in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and/or Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression Work
- – Strong understanding of the distinct needs and cultures and histories of Black Canadian people
- – Possesses strong written, verbal, and digital communication skills
- – Has an organized, realistic, and detail-oriented approach to their work tasks
- – Thrives in an innovative and deadline driven environment
- – Enjoys working in a collaborative, dynamic, and growth-minded team
- – A genuine interest in policies, programs and advocacy that support the lives of Black Canadians – Antiracist, anti-oppressive stance, particularly as related to initiatives seeking to support Black Life in Canada.
- – Preference for candidates with a degree/diploma in curriculum design.
CEE is a Black-led, Black-focused, Black-serving organization dedicated to addressing the economic and social barriers that affect Black youth ages 14 and over who are not in employment, education, or training (NEET). As such, we encourage applications from candidates who identify as Black and invite candidates to self-identify in their cover letters if they are comfortable doing so.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, October 13 at 6pm EST. Please state ‘CEE Essentials Curriculum Coordinator’ in the subject line of your email.
Work remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.