Job ID 25492
Marketing; Brand & Media
TIFF is looking for a Copywriter who can combine a love of film and talent for writing to create copy (almost) as compelling as the movies we screen. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Editorial & Copywriting, the Copywriter will craft and occasionally edit copy for a variety of projects, including web, mobile, email, advertising, creative, print, video, and social media. They will also play a key role in defining and implementing a consistent brand voice.
- Write and produce email campaigns to promote TIFF’s year-round and Festival initiatives
- Craft copy for a variety of internal teams and channels including: Marketing, Social, Programming, Industry, Loyalty & Advancement, and Corporate Partnerships
- Write and adapt film notes and pitches for New Releases and TIFF Cinematheque screenings
- Write clear, concise web copy, including wayfinding and promotional messaging
- Liaise with departments across the organization to generate creative, original ideas for year-round, Festival, and Advancement campaigns.
- Liaise with Content team to write, produce, and manage video scripts to promote TIFF programming and support fundraising drives
- Collaborate with Senior Manager, Editorial & Copywriting on TIFF Tribute Awards Gala script
- Write speaker comments for special events and programmes
- Some editing as required
- Work closely with the Senior Manager, Editorial & Copy Writing to develop and implement a consistent brand voice
- Adhere to the official TIFF Editorial Style Guide and Brand Guidelines; show special attention to brand optics and inclusive language; maintain clear communication and cooperation with the Editor & Senior Coordinator
- Attend weekly Editorial meetings to review ongoing projects; represent Editorial at select meetings as assigned by the Senior Manager, Editorial & Copywriting
- Implement best practices, workflows, tools, and templates to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the publishing process
JOB GRADE & SALARY OR RATE OF PAY:
- Job Grade 3
- $60,000 – $75,000
TARGET START DATE:
- July 3, 2023
- Office Location: 350 King Street West, Toronto, ON M5V 3X5
- Weekly in office requirements:
- Minimum 2 days (November to May)
- Minimum 3 days (June to October)
- Festival Office Requirements: Full Time during Festival
Education & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in journalism, film studies, media studies, communications, or related area of study
- Minimum 5 years of experience writing for web, communication, and marketing channels at an agency or large organization
- Editing experience is an asset
- Previous experience working in entertainment and/or arts/culture is a strong asset
- Fluency in a second language considered an asset
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong editorial judgement, including content direction and experience with inclusive-language guidelines
- Great communicator and collaborator
- Sense of humour is a huge asset
- Experience working with a design and/or video team
- Knowledge of user-experience and SEO best practices
- Facility with both critical and promotional writing
- Strong knowledge of film
- Ability to respond to fast-changing priorities and deadlines and to accommodate a flexible work schedule, allowing periodically for long hours and some evenings and weekends
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- All applications must be submitted online through TIFF’s Career Centre.
- Please upload your cover letter and resumé as a single PDF — and include a link to your portfolio or examples of your published work — before the deadline of MONDAY, MAY 22, 2023.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. TIFF regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
Please send any questions via e-mail only to email@example.com.
TIFF is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. As such, we welcome and encourage applicants who identify as racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation and/or assistance during the application process, please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org. We strive to provide reasonable accommodations whenever requested.