Job ID 18749
Coordinator, Youth Impact
Audience & Community
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Audience & Community, the Coordinator, Youth Impact will support the design and execution of TIFF’s youth initiatives including the TIFF Next Wave Film Festival, Next Wave Committee program, Under-25 and public audience engagement, as well as providing admin support for year-round talks.
- Planning and pre-screening for the TIFF Next Wave Film Festival, supporting the committee in curating a diverse festival, including the feature film lineup, Young Creators Showcase, and other secondary events
- Contribute to brainstorming and ideation to evolve and grow the Next Wave Festival’s core programming and events
- Coordinate the curation, planning and execution of Battle of the Scores and the Young Creators Co-Lab
- Coordinate and facilitate Next Wave Committee meetings to maximize the committee’s engagement; including guest speakers, food, and meeting slides
- Oversee the submission process for Young Creators Showcase via FilmFreeway
- Strengthen and maintain communication with TIFF’s Under-25 audiences to maximize opportunities for young creators; which includes drafting and sharing newsletters through MailChimp, creating social graphics, posting on the Next Wave Facebook page, and engaging the Next Wave alumni community
- Support in the curation, planning and execution of Next Wave year-round events to increase engagement with TIFF’s Under-25 audiences
- Collaborate with community partners and creator based organizations to curate workshops,film talks and activations for the Next Wave audience
- Help coordinate Next Wave film and guest bookings and support guests in their participation in events
- Working alongside Senior Manager, Audience & Community, contribute year-round talks by designing research guides to support facilitation and providing administration support
- General administrative support as part of Audience & Community portfolio, including: managing critical paths and film tracking sheets (with input from direct reports), building slide presentations, registration/feedback forms, use of Trello, Artifax, FilmFreeway and updating key dept. tracking documents
JOB GRADE & RATE OF PAY
- Job Grade 2
- $22 /Hourly
CONTRACT DATES OR START DATE:
- December 12, 2022 to April 21, 2023
- 2-3 years working or studying in film, community arts, and/or youth engagement
- Previous experience designing and facilitating inclusive and accessible programming for youth audiences
- Previous experience with project management support, event planning and execution
- Experience working with diverse communities an asset
- Knowledge of and interest in film, youth empowerment, contemporary arts, culture and social justice
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional computer skills and database management (including Google drive, database software)
- Strong ability to work efficiently on many projects with varying deadlines, and anticipate priorities
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends
- Please note that due to the nature of this position a “Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check” is required, since this position will work with youth. We will provide future detail during the hiring process but please note any fee will be paid for by TIFF.
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- All applications must be submitted online through TIFF’s Career Centre.
- Please upload your cover letter and resumé as one PDF, before the deadline of Wednesday, November 23, 2022.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. TIFF regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas; however, TIFF considers and welcomes individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position. For consideration to those on time-limited Visa status, your Visa must allow you to complete the full contract.
Please send any questions via e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TIFF is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. As such, we welcome and encourage applicants who identify as racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation and/or assistance during the application process, please contact us in advance at email@example.com. We strive to provide reasonable accommodations whenever requested.