TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home – TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We encourage you to reflect on the land that you are on, who the traditional keepers of the land are, what the treaty relationship is, or if it’s unceded territory. TIFF is located on the Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit and the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, the Wendat, and the Haudenosaunee. We are grateful to work on this land.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
Reporting to the Manager, Payroll & Benefits, the Payroll Coordinator will be primarily focused on performing tasks and responsibilities related to processing hourly payroll for both unionized and non-unionized staff.
Shall include but not limited to the following:
- Payroll processing for hourly and unionized payroll.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of timesheets.
- Assist with responses of payroll inbox, responding to payroll inquiries from employees in a timely, efficient and engaging manner.
- Ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires being in office on a regular basis, aligning with our Flexible Work from Home Policy.
JOB GRADE & SALARY:
- Job Grade 2
- 1 – 2 years of payroll experience, preferably with unionized payroll exposure, or currently enrolled in PCP program.
- Experience with ADP / Workforce Now / Time and Attendance an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Resourceful and able to work well independently and in a small team environment.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Google suite and Microsoft Office (especially Google sheets and Excel)
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet manner.
- Knowledge of Payroll best practices and provincial legislation in order to provide sound HR support.
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- All applications must be submitted online through TIFF’s Career Centre.
- Please upload your cover letter and resumé as one PDF, before the deadline of MONDAY, JUNE 20, 2022.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted.
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. TIFF regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
Please send any questions via e-mail only to email@example.com.
TIFF is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. As such, we welcome and encourage applicants who identify as racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation and/or assistance during the application process, please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org. We strive to provide reasonable accommodations whenever requested.