CONTENT STRATEGIST – 18-MONTH CONTRACT (REVENUE)
POSITION CODE: 2022-008
LOCATION: The Globe and Mail, Toronto
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Being part of the Globe Content Studio team at The Globe and Mail requires a passion for excellence and an unwavering commitment to innovation in a fast-paced and dynamically evolving environment.
Demonstrating these characteristics in the workplace every day is what makes our people the foundation of our success. We support a culture in which employees can live their ideals, develop their abilities, creatively contribute to the success of the organization and be recognized, appreciated and rewarded for doing so. If you are the best in your field, we’d like to hear from you.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
Globe Content Studio is looking for a content strategist to join our team. This position is an 18-month contract. This role will collaborate cross-functionally to ideate and create strategies that execute on the marketing visions of our clients.
You will develop and publish content strategies based on audience needs and clients’ business objectives, and use your journalistic, analytical and technical skills to guide the creation, delivery, governance and promotion of useful, inspiring and effective content.
- Implement digital strategies and programs that integrate within a broader marketing mix. Deliver on the Globe’s promise to be innovative and deliver quality content with measurable results, including audience development, engagement, conversion, sales, traffic and/or advocacy.
- Manage content in both Editorial and Sponsor Content environments.
- Work with editors, writers, UX designers, content management developers and marketers to deliver stories that are aligned with business goals.
- Work closely with advertising sales teams on RFPs and content concepts.
- Interface with ad operations to develop plans for trafficking creative assets, evaluating campaign results, and setting tracking tags to measure ad performance against goals.
- Analyze data to improve content strategies for content campaigns.
- Establish, track and assure adherence to budgets.
- Use a content management system to optimize formats, act as a production leader for Globe Content Studio, and oversee print and digital pages.
- Liaise with trade marketing to build awareness of Globe Content Studio.
- Communicate with creative and ASR teams to ensure the proper development, placement and optimization of digital media creative ad units on behalf of clients.
- Stay ahead of emerging digital marketing, tech and content trends in an ever-changing landscape.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in digital media. Experience in print media is an asset.
- Bachelor degree or diploma in Journalism, Communications, Media Studies, or related field.
- Suited for a fast-paced, results-based environment, requiring flexibility to adapt to evolving needs.
- Ability to shoulder a heavy workload.
- Superior writing, copywriting and content creation skills.
- Ability to quickly understand business needs and industry trends, and translate complex ideas into an editorial direction.
- Strong editing skills: the ability to edit for structure, meaning, clarity, tone and libel. Comfortable in digital and print environments.
- Project management skills to maintain editorial schedules and deadlines within seasonal and ongoing campaigns.
- A passionate self-starter who takes ownership of multiple project-based tasks; a proactive, innovative and accountable problem solver.
- A team player that brings an enthusiastic approach to client/agency service and innovation, delivering results.
- Understanding of the marketing funnel and customer journey and how content can strategically support and impact each of them.
- Experience with social media and relevant research tools. (Experience with paid social ads an asset)
- Understanding of SEO and SEM best practices and experience implementing information architecture to make content easier to discover.
- An ability to demonstrate creativity, a willingness to experiment, to thrive on change, and to view the occasional failure as a learning experience.
All offers of employment with The Globe and Mail are conditional upon the candidate being Fully Vaccinated. To be Fully Vaccinated is defined as someone who has received the full series of a vaccine or a combination of vaccines accepted by the Government of Canada (currently Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Janssen) and has received the last dose at least 14 days prior to their start date. To prove they are Fully Vaccinated, all new hires will be required to provide evidence by emailing a copy of their vaccine dose administration receipt(s) to Human Resources prior to their start date. Those seeking exemption based on one or more of the protected grounds in the Human Rights Code will need to provide their request for accommodation to Human Resources for approval. If the accommodation request is not approved and the candidate is not Fully Vaccinated, any offer of employment will be revoked.
THE GLOBE AND MAIL IS DEDICATED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION IN THE WORKPLACE
The Globe and Mail is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We believe this strengthens our business and our journalism. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, regardless of race, ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, age, and physical ability. As required by the Federal Contractors Program, The Globe also tracks the proportion of staff in the four Employment Equity categories (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Persons with Disabilities, and Members of Visible Minorities) to ensure we are reflecting the areas in which we work.
The Globe and Mail offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.