Is this you?
Are you motivated by the opportunity to positively impact mental health for young people in Canada? Would you be passionate about helping young people deal with the challenges of growing up in today’s complex, ever-changing, technologically driven world
The Content developer will be responsible for researching, adapting and writing new youth-facing web content pieces for our Gateway (website). These include, but are not limited to, mental health educational resources, tools for building resiliency and coping skills, resources to support reaching out for support, and guidance materials introducing young people to our web content more broadly (e.g. welcome to Kids Help Phone!)..
Kids Help Phone is on a transformational journey, one that will change the landscape of youth mental health in Canada. We cannot do it without a team who are willing to be game changers and help fuel that journey. We need team members that are passionate about making a real difference in young people’s lives. It will take courage. It will take resilience.
Does this sound like you? If so, then keep reading…
Reporting to the Director, Digital Content & Solutions and working closely with the Gateway project team, this role is responsible for researching, adapting and writing new youth-facing web content pieces for our Gateway (website). These include, but are not limited to, mental health educational resources, tools for building resiliency and coping skills, resources to support reaching out for support, and guidance materials introducing young people to our web content more broadly (e.g. welcome to Kids Help Phone!). Formats may include articles, video scripts, infographic copy, training materials/curricula, and interactive quizzes/games. Some content will be completely new materials, and pieces may be adapted from partners (e.g. adapting a partner’s training for young audiences).
What You’ll do
- Research, synthesize, and translate basic mental health knowledge into website content along our stepped care model
- Apply mental health / health promotion / health education / psychology / child/youth expertise and knowledge to complete first drafts of content in English
- Liaise with our Service Innovation and Clinical Partnerships staff members to source new content and adapt existing materials for our Gateway project
- Ensure material is suitable and written specifically for youth audiences
- Move quickly and confidently to write new content pieces on a tight timeline
What You’ll Need
- 2 years of professional writing experience in English, including experience maintaining brand tone of voice
- Exceptional English communication, grammar, spelling and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to interpret complex information and produce it in a clear concise manner in plain language (writing sample will be required)
- Professional experience in research, knowledge translation, health education, youth education, or health communications
- Education in health promotion/education, mental health, or psychology
- Experience writing for an audience under age 18 preferred
- SEO knowledge/experience preferred
Working knowledge of French preferred
You’ll already have the following:
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with team members, external partners and vendors
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and independently
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
Kids Help Phone is a Canadian and world leader, known for their expertise and continuous innovation as Canada’s only 24/7 professional counselling and information service for young people in both English and French. We have been pioneers in virtual care and e-health solutions for young people in Canada for almost 30 years.
Since 1989, we have offered kids, teens and young adults a critical lifeline of hope and support through our free, anonymous and confidential services, which research shows significantly improves youth mental health.
Young people reach out to Kids Help Phone’s professional counsellors and trained volunteers from every corner of the country via phone, Live Chat and texting, and benefit from their database of local youth-serving programs. Kids Help Phone’s website is a widely recognized model of youth-focused design; offering therapeutic tools, games, information, and counselling.
Are you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people in Canada today and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being?
History in the making!
Does this sound like a journey you want to be a part of?
Open the posting and click the “Apply” button in the top right corner of the page. Please attach a single file with your resume and cover letter titled: *lastname_firstname_ContentDeveloperr*
The posting closes on midnight June 9, 2021