Strides Toronto is a multi-service agency providing a wide range of exceptional programs and services that improve the mental, social, and physical health of infants, children, and youth from the pre-natal stage to age 29, and their families. With a range of community, residential and treatment services our work helps to strengthen social and emotional well-being, for culturally diverse clients to move forward through adversity and develop abilities and skills to reach their full potential. We provide individual, group and family interventions that include mental health counselling, autism services, education, outreach and referral, early intervention, day treatment and community support. To learn more about who we are and what we do, visit our website at www.stridestoronto.ca
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Clinical Supervisor, Autism Services is a full-time permanent position which provides supervision to a team of Intensive Behaviour Therapists and provides ongoing clinical direction, guidance and support for clients and families based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis. They lead this clinical team to assist children and youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) to build a variety of individualized socially significant skills based on assessment and collaborative efforts with clients and families.
Benefits: Competitive Group Health Benefits, Pension Plan.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
- We provide opportunities for growth and professional development.
- We have a diverse and inclusive work environment with staff who speak multiple languages and dialects.
- We are committed to providing an equitable and inclusive environment where our team members and clients can thrive.
- We set high standards for performance, client outcomes, and implement best practices, which are demonstrated through our accreditation with the Canadian Centre for Accreditation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Identify, develop, and supervise the implementation of evidence based behavioural programming in line with the client and family’s individualized goals.
- Thoroughly document and create Behaviour Plans, Functional Analysis summaries, Behaviour Reduction Programs and Behavior Acquisition Programs.
- Use Behaviour Skills Training Model to train the clinical team to implement the intervention with high fidelity and accuracy.
- Responsible for ongoing program evaluation and modifications as needed to behavior plans and protocols including signing off on plans and OAP (forms).
- Supervise a clinical team to ensure adherence to service standards and agency policies.
- Communicate organizational and program goals to their team and ensures individual goals are tied to the achievement of broader objectives
- Resolve employee issues through appropriate policies and conflict resolution skills conducting investigations where appropriate.
- Maintain administrative order to ensure the successful operation of the clinical team and clinical caseload.
- See that program support staff are providing effective administrative support for the operation of the clinical team.
- Prepares and submits relevant service statistics for the purposes of Ministry reporting.
- Supervise and ensures staff and client health and safety is carried out in a safe and productive manner.
- Provide on call management support for agency wide services outside of regular work hours (which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, and overnights)
THE “MUST HAVES”
The following education, professional memberships and knowledge are a requirement for this role:
- Master’s degree in applied Behaviour Analysis, Psychology or Developmental Disabilities or related degree and experience in Applied Behaviour Analysis.
- Minimum 4 years work experience in developing and/or delivering Applied Behavioural Analytic services.
- Minimum 1 year supervisory experience and understanding of management theories and practices.
- Minimum 1 year Certification as a Board-Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) in good standing.
- Thorough understanding of principles, treatment applications and conceptual issues of Applied Behaviour Analysis and be able to use effective evidence-based strategies for the population.
- Clinical experience and knowledge of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) as it applies to autism spectrum disorder .
- Awareness of the role of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and within the community being served by the position.
- An understanding of Anti-Black Racism, anti-oppressive/anti-racism perspective in the context of the social determinants of health when working with clients and their families.
- Ability to recognize and identify situations where incidents of and imbalance of power and privilege may occur and can result in possible negative impacts for the client.
THE ‘NICE TO HAVES’
While not required, preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Knowledge of the cultural diversity of communities served by the agency.
- Fluency in another language(s), including sign language.
BEFORE STARTING WITH US
As our work puts us in direct contact with youth and vulnerable persons in our community, with health and safety as a priority, it is a requirement that the successful candidate must complete or obtain the following before commencement of their employment:
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 or have received an exemption from the organization’s policy.
- A Vulnerable Sector police check.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your demonstrated education, certification (if applicable), working and related volunteer experience and how you meet specific requirements for this position, and any additional considerations you deem appropriate. The application deadline is July 8, 2022.
Strides Toronto is an equal opportunity employer. We benefit from diversity of lived experiences in the workplace and encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the range of cultures represented in the communities we serve.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Strides Toronto’s own policies, requests for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.