Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services
Social Assistance Programs Division – Ontario Disability Support Program, Toronto Region
North York, Scarborough, Toronto
4 Permanent, 6 Temporary
Job Code: 10503 – Welfare Field Worker 2
Salary: $1,212.87 – $1,456.94 Per Week*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Understanding the job ad – definitions
Posting Status: Open Targeted
Job ID: 162317
Are you highly motivated and client-centered? Consider this opportunity to respond to inquiries and provide program information to a diverse clientele, the public, advocacy groups and agencies.
* 1 BILINGUAL position
* 9 Unilingual positions
What can I expect to do in this role?
• provide customer service and consultation to clients
• collect and evaluate information to determine eligibility for ODSP Income and Employment Supports
• make adjustments to entitlements and resolve conflict situations
• explain legislation and ministry initiatives
• prepare a range of communication materials
• plan and deliver information sessions to clients and stakeholders, on community-based employment supports
How do I qualify?
For the bilingual position, you must possess oral and written French language skills at the advanced level. Your proficiency level will be confirmed before hire.
Customer Service and Communication Skills
- you can provide effective customer service to clients with disabilities
• you have the ability to liaise with community agencies, provide information to clients, and resolve conflict situations
• you have effective communication and consulting skills to write clear, concise reports and conduct information sessions
• you demonstrate sensitivity towards diversity/inclusion of applicants/clients and co-workers
• you have interviewing skills to conduct interviews with clients by phone or in person
• you have effective listening skills to determine client needs and make appropriate referrals
- you have knowledge of community services, resources, policies, programs and issues/barriers affecting clients with disabilities
• you have knowledge of labour market trends
• you are able to interpret and apply legislation in order to review/determine program eligibility and identify infractions
Analytical, Planning and Organizational Skills
- you demonstrate planning and organizational skills to set priorities, work within time constraints and meet deadlines
• you have demonstrated analytical skills to collect, document and evaluate information
• you are able to work in a team environment
Successful candidates may be required to undergo an employment screening check in accordance with the Ontario Employment Screening Checks Policy.
- 1 Bilingual Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 47 Sheppard Ave E, Toronto, Toronto Region
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 47 Sheppard Ave E, Toronto, Toronto Region
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 5639 Finch Ave E, Scarborough, Toronto Region
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 786 Lawrence Ave W, North York, Toronto Region
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 1 York Gate Blvd, North York, Toronto Region
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 1880 Eglinton Ave East, Scarborough, Toronto Region
- 1 Permanent, 47 Sheppard Ave E, Toronto, Toronto Region
- 2 Permanent, 111 Wellesley St W, Toronto, Toronto Region
- 1 Permanent, 1 York Gate Blvd, North York, Toronto Region