York United Football Club is a men’s professional soccer team that plays in the Canadian Premier League. Playing out of York Lions Stadium located on York University campus, the club is committed to providing the best sports entertainment experience in the GTA.
The Box Office Assistant works to support operation at the box office at York Lions Stadium. This position is directly under supervision of the Box Office Manager and the VP of Ticketing.
- Present a positive and welcoming first impression to customers – you will be one of the first people our fans will meet!
- Give our fans what they are looking for – a ticket to the event. You’ll use TM1 Sales to make this process fast and convenient. POS and cash sales are the main responsibility in this role.
- Guest service is a big part of the role. You will be the fan’s first point of contact if they have ticketing or venue related questions or need help. You’ll be able to find a solution using all available resources.
- Events are dynamic, and will require you to pitch in where needed if asked!
- A stellar personality – you must have amazing customer service skills.
- Quick learner – there are some tech and educational pieces you’ll need to know (but we will train you on!)
- Math skills – cash and cashless transactions are a key part of your day.
- Fast thinker – there are times where an issue comes up and you’ll need to troubleshoot quickly.
- Be ready for anything – this role is full of action on match days!
- Tech-savvy – we are mobile-first and you’ll need to make sure you have a good grasp on our programs before the event.
Hours: This position is part-time and based on available matches, between July and November. Qualified people must be available to work the majority of our events. Public transportation is easily accessible so private vehicle is not required.
We welcome all to apply! You must be legally able to work in Canada, communicate in English (additional languages are an asset!), and able to work the majority of matches (schedule is available online at www.yorkunitedfc.ca)
To apply please send your resume to: Brittany.firstname.lastname@example.org