Organization: Kids Help Phone
Title: Bilingual Language and Culture Marketing Manager
Position: Full-time Permanent
Reports to: AVP Brand Strategy & Marketing Operations
Direct reports: Translation coordinator
Dotted Line Oversight: French social media specialist
Is this you?
Are you motivated by the opportunity to positively impact mental health for young people in Canada? Would you be passionate about helping young people deal with the challenges of growing up in today’s complex, ever-changing, technologically driven world?
Kids Help Phone is on a transformational journey, one that will change the landscape of youth mental health in Canada. We cannot do it without a team who are willing to be game changers and help fuel that journey. We need team members that are passionate about making a real difference in young people’s lives. It will take courage. It will take resilience.
Does this sound like you? If so, then keep reading…
The Bilingual Language and Culture Marketing Manager will deepen the positioning of Kids Help Phone as a culturally reflective service for all young people in Canada. This position is responsible to connect the organizational direction with cultural and linguistic insights to support intercultural communication across marketing programs focused on brand-building, service outreach, revenue generation, and youth engagement.
What You’ll do
Project/Language Management – 45%
Cultural Liaison – 10%
Social Media – 30%
Media Coordination – 15%
- Using the French cultural lens, works with the AVP Brand Strategy & Marketing Operations to develop and implement the plans for annual fundraising events, key mental health dates, service innovation launches and brand campaigns.
- Leads cultural adaptation and language deliverables for youth-facing and caring-adult facing content, as well as supporting internal communications.
- Manages and oversees reactive and proactive communication, preparing relevant spokespeople and/or stepping into this role (with media training) as needed.
- Manages and strengthens the use and promotion of the Kids Help Phone and Jeunesse J’ecoute brands including trademarks, brand architecture, logo utilization and visual identity/brand guidelines to ensure the brand is effectively portrayed.
- Assists the Social Media Manager developing KHP social media strategy each year.
- Manage and listen to our social communities on Twitter, LinkedIn Facebook, IG, sharing and posting impromptu content on a daily basis.
- Manage the creation of thematic, evergreen and promotional content series, to maintain a constant stream of engaging posts in both French & English.
- Assist with social media ad campaigns and track engagement and performance, reporting and implementing improvements as advised.
- Provides support to regional staff and volunteers to ensure a consistent brand message.
- Oversees the intake system and supports the translation coordinator to ensure consistent and accurate transcreation.
- Supports the implementation of market research into target audience awareness, attitudes and perceptions that will support planning and evaluation of all marketing programs and initiatives for both donor and service user audiences.
- Manages overall operational, reporting, budgetary and financial responsibilities of assigned program areas.
- Measures, evaluates and reports on marketing campaign results against objectives to track progress/ROI and identify improvement opportunities.
- Works across functions to ensure collaboration for outcomes within scope and shared goals.
- Fosters and maintains effective, collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with external vendors and agency partners supporting the execution of marketing collateral.
What You’ll Need
- 3-5 years marketing experience or equivalent blend of education and practical experience and well versed in all channels of marketing
- Bilingual in French and English required
- Possess an acceptable “Vulnerable Person Sector Criminal Reference Check” prior to starting employment.
- A passion for youth causes and mental health
- Desire to deepen communications with cultural insights and linguistic excellence
- Practical experience executing marketing plans with support from internal and external partners
- Experience developing marketing plans and budgeting/forecasting.
- Experience using campaign evaluation tools to track and report on marketing KPIs and ROI
You bring the following:
- Proven relationship management skills, including experience managing agency relationships and with direct reports
- Superior communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to balance research, strategy planning, content creation and execution.