Scholastic Canada is the country’s leading publisher and distributor of children’s books in both official languages. For over 60 years, Scholastic Canada has introduced young people to the joy of reading.
An opportunity is available in the Customer Service Department for the position of Bilingual (French and English) Customer Service Representative reporting to the Customer Service Team Lead. The Customer Service Representative is a key member of the team and will be responsible for internal and external customer support and communication, which includes order entry, processing, follow-up and reporting for customers across Canada, including Quebec.
- This position will handle all customer inquiries to ensure appropriate action is taken to maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Answer and resolve a variety of inquiries ranging from those of a general nature, such as product availability, to more complex problems like missing shipments.
- Accurately enter telephone, fax and email orders.
- Build relationships with internal and external partners to ensure great customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of secondary school education, with a minimum of 2 years Customer Service and 1 year recent Inbound Call Centre experience.
- Completely fluent in both French and English (written and verbal).
- Excellent communication skills with fast and accurate data entry.
- Exceptional ability to multi-task, problem solve, prioritize work and follow up.
- Strong computer skills required in particular, Microsoft office products and Google Drive. Working knowledge of Avaya (contact centre software) and Demandware are assets.
- Friendly, professional and dedicated to customer service excellence.
HOURS OF WORK: The schedule is typically 8 hours working Monday to Friday shifts between 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Schedules are driven by peak business needs and are subject to change.
CONTRACT: Seasonal contract until November, 2021 with the possibility of an extension.
COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS: We will be conducting interviews via Google Meet. On-boarding will be done with safe and physically distant training in office, followed by working remotely once set-up. Pandemic protocol will be reviewed in advance.
Thank you for considering Scholastic Canada
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We thank all applicants for their interest in the position, however only those under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls please. Recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities are available to applicants who are selected for an interview. Please notify the interviewer in advance of any accommodations you require.