TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home – TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We encourage you to reflect on the land that you are on, who the traditional keepers of the land are, what the treaty relationship is, or if it’s unceded territory. TIFF is located on the Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit and the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, the Wendat, and the Haudenosaunee. We are grateful to work on this land.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
The Partnerships team is responsible for developing and growing partnerships with corporate, hospitality and event partners, to generate revenue opportunities, including TIFF Bell Lightbox, Toronto International Film Festival and digital TIFF Bell Lightbox. Reporting to a Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships, this role will be responsible for providing overall administrative support to the Partnerships team.
The ideal candidate has an interest in sales, event planning, partner activations and logistics; and is looking to gain knowledge of corporate sponsorship and mutually beneficial partnerships in the context of a large Festival. They will be customer service oriented, attentive to detail and a willing to learn quickly and be part of a busy team.
- Provide administrative support to the Partnerships team in the preparation and execution of partner obligations, activations, and events, as required.
- Lead the team execution of partnership crediting deliverables, including but not limited to departmental sign-offs of marketing materials, ad publications, and partner brand recognition.
- Support budget management as liaison to Finance for purchase order and invoice requests.
- Support the partner ticketing experience, including but not limited to pre-Festival ticketing preparations, allocation tracking, and booking.
- Manage a portfolio of select small partner accounts, and provide support on TIFF’s Major accounts, contributing to the organization’s financial sustainability through maximized revenue from partners.
- Ensure all terms of partnership agreements are fulfilled and that the highest level of account service is delivered, including the delivery of Festival how-to guides (Welcome Kit) by end of April, post-mortem reports (Summary Report) by end of year.
- Coordinate the collection of content for the annual Welcome Kit and Summary Report, including specifications, photos, promotional material, campaigns.
- Advise on initiatives to improve administrative systems and processes, supporting TIFF’s ability to generate revenue and manage partner relationships effectively.
- Be an internal advocate for all partners, working collaboratively with all relevant TIFF departments to implement and fulfill promotional initiatives by partners, ensuring deliverables are met against agreements.
- Work closely with the Sales team to ensure a smooth transition in the handover of new partners, to ensure consistency of service for partners.
- Other administrative duties, as required.
- May 2021
- 1-2 years of sponsorship, special event, or relevant relationship management experience (or equivalent experience in a related field will be considered)
- Related post-secondary education an asset but not required
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills (Google Drive/Suite)
- Strong interpersonal skills and a pleasant demeanour
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a polished manner
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends especially during Festival lead-up period and during Festival timeframe
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- All applications must be submitted online through TIFF’s Career Centre.
- Please paste your resume into text box, and upload your cover letter and resumé as one PDF or Word document, before the deadline of Monday, April 12, 2021
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. TIFF regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
Please note our offices are closed and we are currently working remotely, send any questions via e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TIFF is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. As such, we welcome and encourage applicants who identify as racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation and/or assistance during the application process, please contact us in advance at email@example.com or 416-599-8433 x2013. We strive to provide reasonable accommodations whenever requested.