Job ID 26442
ASSISTANT, INDUSTRY SALES + PROMOTIONS
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Industry Sales and Services and supervised by the Senior Coordinator, the Assistant, Industry Sales + Promotions will be responsible for providing administrative support to the sales team while upholding excellent customer service for Industry delegates.
Shall include but not be limited to:
- Assist in drafting pitches and proposals for various promotional opportunities in relation to sales prospects and inquiries
- Assist in creating and distributing material specification details
- Liaise with Industry Services team to fulfill all national agency, trade partner and screening pass requirements
- Request and deliver invoices related to promotional sales and process payments for booked screenings.
- Assist in collecting content and materials from stakeholders for relevant industry programming, screenings and digital platforms.
- Proof and Pre-flight submitted materials to ensure they meet set specifications
- Build and distribute exhibition welcome kits and informational packages.
- Prepare materials for meeting including agendas, critical path and meeting minutes
- Support the industry centre build, in person or online
- Attend weekly team meetings and contribute as needed in regards to individual tasks/portfolio
- Write a detailed Post Mortem
RATE OF PAY:
- $ 20.00/Hourly
TARGET CONTRACT DATES:
- July 10, 2023-September 15, 2023
- Office Location: 350 King Street West, Toronto, ON M5V 3X5
- Weekly in office requirements:
- Minimum 2 days (November to May)
- Minimum 3 days (June to October)
- Festival Office Requirements: Full Time during Festival
- Post-secondary degree/diploma (in Film Studies or a related area considered an asset)
- 1 year experience in an office environment considered an asset
- Excellent organizational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Precise memory for names, positions, companies and situations
- Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy
- Able to handle difficult situations and people with tact and professionalism
- Excellent phone manner, communication fluency and interpersonal strengths
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Google Suite, and relational databases (experience with Artifax considered an asset)
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Desire and ability to take initiative and coordinate projects
- Ability to work and respond well in fast-paced and high pressure environments with a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Fluency in a second language considered an asset
- Previous festival or event planning experience considered an asset
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- All applications must be submitted online through TIFF’s Career Centre.
- Please upload your cover letter and resumé as PDF, before the deadline of June 4, 2023.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted.
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time.TIFF regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas; however, TIFF considers and welcomes individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position. For consideration to those on time-limited Visa status, your Visa must allow you to complete the full contract.
Please send any questions via e-mail only to email@example.com.
TIFF is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. As such, we welcome and encourage applicants who identify as racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation and/or assistance during the application process, please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org. We strive to provide reasonable accommodations whenever requested.