ASSISTANT, FILM OFFICE (2 POSITIONS)
TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home – TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We encourage you to reflect on the land that you are on, who the traditional keepers of the land are, what the treaty relationship is, or if it’s unceded territory. TIFF is located on the Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit and the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, the Wendat, and the Haudenosaunee. We are grateful to work on this land.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
ASSISTANT, FILM OFFICE
The Assistant, Film Office (2 Positions) is responsible for providing general administrative support to the Film Office team and assisting with guest logistics for filmmakers and other stakeholders attending the Festival. In addition, one position will assist with accommodation-related customer service and hotel accommodation bookings for Festival guests, and the other position will assist with content & materials collection and guest coordination support of the films in Official Selection. This position will aim to ensure overall exceptional service and support to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide administrative support to the Film Office department
- Assist with guest logistics, guest coordination and hospitality support
- Perform data entry of information and preparation of reports utilizing the Festival database (Artifax)and other applicable databases and tracking documents
- Assist with management of departmental email accounts (i.e. Festival Materials and Hotels inboxes)
- Respond to general inquiries and requests from guests via phone email and onsite
- Maintain an accurate electronic trail for each guest/attendee
- Provide assistance to guests during the Festival for Guest Pass pick-up and general questions
- Provide efficient and professional customer service and accurate information to guests, internal TIFF departments and other stakeholders as required
- Prepare and provide reports, presentations and post mortems as required
- Work closely with the Finance Department to coordinate the guest reimbursement process and applicable financial reconciliation
- Provide a detailed post mortem following the Toronto International Film Festival
- Assist with other coordination tasks and administrative duties as required
Assistant #1 additional responsibilities:
- Coordinate the visa support letter process for guests with films in Official Selection
- Provide emergency visa application support to guests when necessary
- Liaise with the Ticketing Services team to create and organize accreditation for all guests with films in Official Selection
Assistant #2 additional responsibilities:
- Provide accommodation-related customer service to stakeholders including Festival guests, Industry delegates, and staff
- Respond to general hotels and hospitality inquiries and requests
- Maintain productive relationships with all hotel partners and facilitate clear and frequent communication
- Assist with booking and tracking of hotel reservations for Festival guests
- Process, monitor and troubleshoot hotel reservations in an efficient and accurate manner
- Monitor and assist in management of contracted hotel inventory in applicable reservations management systems
- Provide rooming lists to hotels as Festival guests become confirmed and follow up on special requests/changes to reservations with hotels directly
JOB GRADE & RATE OF PAY
- Job Grade 1
TARGET CONTRACT DATES:
- June 6 – September 20, 2022
- College diploma, university degree, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in a high-level customer service or administrative role in the hospitality industry
- Experience with guest logistics or talent coordination
- Experience working at a cultural institution or in a festival environment
- Strong communication, and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working with numbers, invoicing, budgets and other financial information
- Strong organizational and project coordination skills with extreme attention to detail and the ability to effectively prioritize
- Strong computer and data management skills, including databases, CRMs, project management tools, internet research, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Artifax
- Excel in a fast paced work environment with competing priorities
- Professional manner and “can-do” attitude, with ability to think on feet and adapt quickly to change
- Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy, and ability to handle confidential information
- Able to handle challenging situations with a positive, problem-solving attitude
- Ability to both work independently and in a team environment
- Initiative and creativity to develop innovative solutions
- Understanding and commitment to superior client servicing
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends to meet deadlines, as well as during Festival
- Additional language(s) an asset
- This position requires being in office on a regular basis, aligning with our Flexible Work from Home Policy.
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- All applications must be submitted online through TIFF’s Career Centre.
- Please upload your cover letter and resumé as one PDF, before the deadline of SUNDAY, MAY 8, 2022
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. TIFF regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas; however, TIFF considers and welcomes individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position. For consideration to those on time-limited Visa status, your Visa must allow you to complete the full contract.
Please send any questions via e-mail only to email@example.com.
TIFF is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. As such, we welcome and encourage applicants who identify as racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation and/or assistance during the application process, please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-599-8433 x2013. We strive to provide reasonable accommodations whenever requested.