Goodmans LLP is recognized internationally as one of Canada’s premier transaction law firms because our lawyers and clients are industry leaders. Our lawyers excel in their fields to help clients excel in theirs – both ensuring ever-higher levels of service and business success. Further, we offer a unique combination of skills spanning business law and litigation, public and private, tradition and innovation.
As an Applications Analyst and a member of the firm’s Technology Department, you will collaborate with Technology colleagues and other firm members to support the firm’s business and technology operations. You will be responsible for providing Tier 2 support on legal and business technology applications, desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers, including back-end related systems/servers. This position reports to the Team Leader, Applications.
You are a self-starter, possessing 2 to 3 years experience completing hardware and software configurations and working on networked systems. You have a strong work ethic, enjoy contributing to a team, and are looking to contribute your strong customer service and problem solving skills. You are interested in project management and constantly look to streamline processes to improve efficiencies and outcomes. You understand our business and propel the firm’s culture.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Provides personalized VIP support to lawyers which can arise within or outside of regular business hours including weekends and may involved limited travel by car;
- Works closely with Help Desk team members to troubleshoot technical difficulties and handle escalations;
- Works a member of project teams to successfully test and implement technology related to and including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and printers;
- Administers mobile service and hardware including Blackberry, Android, iOS;
- Administers Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) and MobileIron MDM solutions;
- Maintains firm computer equipment, designs, tests, and implements workstation configurations;
- Collaborates with the training team in HR to develop new training programs, and to provide internal training and support on applications;
- Researches and presents new technologies and developments that may increase productivity or meet a firm business goal;
- Provides assistance to others within the department during absences as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent working experience in an Information Technology related field;
- Previous experience performing a similar role in a professional services environment preferred;
- Experience in setup and support of M365 tenant and applications including O365, Intune and OneDrive;
- Experience with Windows Deployment technologies preferred (SCCM and WDS);
- Basic Windows Server management skills;
- Advanced knowledge of technology hardware, software and network interconnectivity systems, as well as deploying smart phone applications;
- Good knowledge of Blackberry, Android, and iOS handheld devices;
- Strong technical problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and a high volume of work;
- A positive attitude and takes pride in being a team player; and
- Excellent interpersonal customer service skills.
Goodmans LLP invites applications from all qualified candidates. Goodmans LLP is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.