NOW HIRING: AGENCY ASSOCIATE
APPLICATION DEADLINE: THURSDAY JANUARY 28, 2021, 11:59 PM PACIFIC TIME
ANTICIPATED START DATE: MONDAY MARCH 1, 2021
COMPENSATION PACKAGE RANGE: $37,000 – $43,000
We are seeking a creative, energetic, and organized team player with a passion for placemaking who is eager to develop creative solutions to urban design challenges and transform underused spaces into safe, attractive, and vibrant places for local residents, workers and visitors. Reporting to STEPS’ Placemaking Services Coordinator, this role is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing placemaking activities on behalf of STEPS and our partners: property owners, developers, BIAs, community, and business groups.
This is a Toronto based one-year full-time contract position, with the possibility of renewal and salary commensurate with experience. Following a probationary period, this position is eligible for group benefits (including health, dental, and limited life policies).
- Support the execution of public art plans and installations, like murals, construction hoarding exhibits, street furniture, storefront animations, wayfinding, and cultural plans.
- Outreach to potential partners and clients to educate them on public art opportunities.
- Respond to inquiries from prospective partners/clients and facilitate initial needs assessments, which may include reviewing site plans, performing site visits, or speaking to stakeholders.
- Support preparation of quotes and proposals for public art services to partners/clients/funders.
- Establish, foster, and maintain strong relationships with partners, clients, artists, and suppliers.
- Using organizational templates, prepare project contracts, and work plans.
- Provide client/partner-centered customer service to ensure the smooth execution of projects.
- Maintain communication with project stakeholders, such as City Councillors or resident groups.
- Track project timelines, workflows, and progress against social and financial objectives.
- Collect project testimonials and feedback for marketing and improved service delivery.
- Draft promotional content, including blog posts, social media, and web updates.
Full posting, including requirements and application process, can be found online here.