Date Posted: 09/08/2021
Faculty/Division: VP – Division of University Advancement
Department: Ofc of Vice Pres Div of Univ Advancement
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
The Division of University Advancement (DUA) aims to sustain and enhance the University of Toronto’s academic mission, leadership, and worldwide impact, by engaging alumni and private sector constituents meaningfully in the mission of the University, building mutually beneficial relationships of increasing value and satisfaction over time.
DUA at the University of Toronto is engaged in a transformative agenda deeply rooted in the University’s vision for growth and innovation. We are focused on growing fundraising efforts; enhancing the effectiveness and satisfaction of alumni engagement and programs; building advancement talent capacity within and across divisions; creating an organization and culture that fosters diversity and inclusiveness.
Advancement Talent Management (ATM) provides best-in-class talent management support to the advancement function across the University of Toronto. As part of the ATM team, the Advancement Talent Management Strategist provides strategic support in the development of proactive advancement talent pipelines. This position will act as a complementary partner to the existing recruitment activities of the Divisional HR offices and DUA recruitment functions.
As an embedded advancement talent professional, this role will develop talent pipelines for key advancement roles by: creating strategies and tactics to build a more diverse talent pipeline, serving as a support and a complement to HR divisional offices on recruitment efforts for key advancement roles, developing advancement career ladders/lattices, enabling engagement opportunities with external candidates, proactively researching and investigating new strategies for sourcing advancement candidates across multiple media platforms.
The incumbent will ensure that talent pipeline development is achieved through proactive recruitment service and alignment of inclusive talent assessment practices based on advancement values and competencies.
Development of talent pipelines for key advancement roles:
- Working with Advancement Communications and Marketing and the ATM team, support the development of an “advancement employer brand” showcasing U of T as an employer of choice to grow one’s advancement career
- Develop strategies and tactics to build more diverse external/internal talent pipelines for key advancement roles
Act as a key support and a complement to HR divisional offices on recruitment efforts for key advancement roles:
- Understand the business requirements of the divisions and divisional relations, and how these individual needs relate to broader advancement career ladders/lattices and talent pipelines.
- Develop advancement competency-based interview questions/toolkits grounded in equity, diversity and inclusion best practices to reduce bias to be used by hiring managers for advancement roles across divisions
- Identify candidates within the UofT advancement talent pipeline
- Pre-screen for specific roles, as required
- Participate on interview panels, as required
- Act as a key-resource/partner to Divisional Relations for the hiring of all divisional Advancement Leads
- Steward candidates that were not awarded the position, but may be an ideal candidate for another role/division
Advancement talent metrics, analysis and planning:
- Identify projected talent needs for the advancement organization (e.g. projected turnover, future staffing plans)
- Analyze annual talent reviews and development plans to determine programming needs
- Develop key performance indicators for talent programming to track effectiveness (e.g. tracking staff movement across and upwards in positions, success rate of program participants)
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years of experience with a successful track record as a talent acquisition specialist in a high volume and rapidly changing environment. Demonstrated knowledge in sourcing and recruiting for advancement, fundraising, sales, or professional service roles. Demonstrated knowledge of broad concepts, policies and procedures related to human resources and the talent acquisition processes and strategies. Ability to develop positive relationships with peers, hiring managers, and prospective applicants is essential. Direct recruitment and marketing experience an asset, along with experience with applicant-tracking software. Demonstrated success in recruiting candidates from designated groups.
SKILLS: Computer experience including word processing, spreadsheet applications, database management, and scheduling software (e.g, Outlook). Internet research skills required.
OTHER: Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Excellent analytical skills. Ability to exercise tact, independent judgement and discretion. Ability to handle sensitive client interactions effectively and with professionalism. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and to handle sensitive information in an appropriate manner. Ability to understand and synthesize information and statistics. Demonstrated ability to prioritize a fluctuating workload, under pressure, and to meet deadlines. Accuracy and attention to detail essential. Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
Closing Date: 09/22/2021,11:59PM ET
Employee Group: Salaried
Appointment Type: Budget – Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone: PM 2 — Hiring Zone: $73,098 – $85,279 — Broadband Salary Range: $73,098 – $121,828
Job Category: Administrative / Managerial