One year contract, renewable.
CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals (CEE) is dedicated to addressing economic issues effecting Black youth (18-29). Our vision is to help Black youth who face multiple barriers achieve financial stability for themselves and their families, helping to strengthen the communities in which they live. Our mission is to increase economic opportunities for Black youth living in Toronto’s priority neighborhoods, supporting them in the areas of employability, social enterprise and entrepreneurship. CEE works to ensure that our programming reaches and is accessible to youth who face multiple barriers, such as: unemployment, underemployment, conflict with law, being young parents, poverty and lack of secondary or post-secondary education. www.ceetoronto.org
The Administrative Assistant will ensure that expenses, mileage and invoices are submitted on time, and provide Excel support for budgetary purposes. The Administrative Assistant will also oversee the efficient day-to-day operation of the CEE office, and support the work of the Operations Manager and other staff.
The Administrative Assistant will directly report to the Operations Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Input expenses, mileage and invoices into CEE’s accounting software.
- Provide support on creating budgets
- Data entry for operations (vendor and funder information)
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents as required by management
- Sort incoming mail and courier deliveries for distribution
- Prepare and send outgoing mail, and courier parcels
- Forward incoming general e-mails to the appropriate staff
- Receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available/replenished
- Code and file material according to the established procedures
- Back-up electronic files using proper procedures
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the Operations Manager
- Make travel, meeting and other arrangements as instructed by the management team and other staff
- Record and maintain a list of CEE’s equipment
- Assist with financial reports as required
- Create templates as needed
- Book, plan, support meetings
- Take meeting minutes including staff meetings
- Other tasks as requested by staff
- At least 2 years’ experience working in an office setting
- A post-secondary degree or diploma, with experience in the following fields following being an asset: business, accounting, computers, or office management
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Strong skills in the use of Microsoft 365 software
- Required proficiency in the use of typical computer programs for: Word processing, databases, e-mail, shared calendars, Dropbox and other file sharing platforms, power point presentations, social media posting under direction, sorting electronic files
- Proficiency in the use of standard office equipment
- Proficiency in basic cleric duties including ordering supplies and managing inventory
- Experience with doing basic book-keeping or the use of accounting software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Teams
- Previously worked in a social service agency.
Please submit your applications by May 27, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. EST
Please put the following in the subject line: Administrative Assistant
Thank you to all applicants however only short-listed individuals will be contacted.