Company: Canada Lands
Location: 70 Canuck Ave , Toronto , ON
Employment Status: Employee (Full-Time)
Please submit your application by Wednesday ,April 21st, 2021 at 4:00 pm EST
Canada Lands Company/Parc Downsview Park Inc. has significant Real Estate development stewardship of the Downsview Lands, overseeing decades of community building opportunities. The various neighbourhoods that are envisioned for the Downsview Lands will acknowledge and respect their close relationship and integration with Downsview Park.
The Downsview office is home to the Real Estate team along with Downsview Park colleagues responsible for Property Management, Programs and Events and Education.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Ontario Region Real Estate team in the Downsview office and acts as receptionist as well as office coordinator. The Administrative Assistant maintains the office environment in a professional and hospitable manner, providing professional support to all staff while supporting external relationships and hosting visitors as a key ambassador for CLC/PDP.
Document Preparation and Records Management
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of CLC policies, guidelines, procedures, records management, and information systems.
- Assists with coordinating, creating, preparing, editing, and proofreading all standard and non-standard documents, reports, presentations, and correspondence including materials for the Senior Management Team and Board.
- Assists with the preparation and coordination of the document suite that supports the team’s procurement activities.
Office Administration and Support
- Maintains a positive office culture as is critical for the Downsview office in proactive organization of office information for the real estate team, property management, education, events and accounting teams.
- Welcomes and assists guests (in person, phone, or email); engages all employees positively and assists with onboarding new hires.
- Serves as an administrative liaison between the Downsview office and administrative units (accounting, communications, human resources, IT, records, etc.) in other CLC offices.
- Provides the Downsview office with IT support and liaises with the IT department: monitors staff’s IT needs, assist staff with problem solving, assist IT department with set up in the office, etc.
- Verifies overhead expenses, prepares payment vouchers, balances overhead costs at month end and investigates queries on outstanding invoices.
- Coordinates and manages scheduling of meetings, (conference calls, video conferences, in person), including logistics for room set up (70 Canuck or Downsview Hub) and catering. with CLC employees, all levels of government, clients, consultants and other third parties.
- Supports planning, engineering, project management, leasing and sales initiatives.
- Coordination and support for various Real Estate activities including procurement, project administration and contract administration.
- Coordinates project-related invoice processing, approval and payment.
- Special projects as assigned by the, Sr. Director and other Real Estate team members , and other duties and accountabilities as required.
- Minimum high school diploma required, with a preference for post-secondary education.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in office administration required, preferably in a real estate environment.
- Experience in client relations, customer service, and basic public relations required.
- Financial training and/or education, an asset.
- Proficiency with the use of standard office software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Bilingual (English/French).