TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home – TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We encourage you to reflect on the land that you are on, who the traditional keepers of the land are, what the treaty relationship is, or if it’s unceded territory. TIFF is located on the Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit and the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, the Wendat, and the Haudenosaunee. We are grateful to work on this land.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
Reporting to the Accounting Manager and working closely with Senior Coordinators of Accounts Payable and Finance Coordinator, the Accounting Intern will work in a fast-paced environment, supporting the work of the Finance department. The Accounting Intern will gain practical experience in a finance department at one of Canada’s leading cultural institutions.
The Accounting Intern will support the accounts payable team and the finance coordinator with duties such as:
- Reviewing of vendor invoices for entry into Netsuite system
- Reviewing of retail and concessions transactions for entry into Netsuite system
- Processing of staff expenses into Netsuite system
- Processing of petty cash into Netsuite system
- Processing monthly adjustments
- Digital filing of documents
- Other administrative duties, as required
RATE OF PAY
CONTRACT DATES OR START DATE:
- July 4, 2022 – October 21, 2022
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution program in accounting/ finance or has previous training/ experience in accounting
- Experience and/or educational background in accounting
- Previous experience using accounting software especially Netsuite would be considered an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel and Google suite
- Attention to detail
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- All applications must be submitted online through TIFF’s Career Centre.
- Please upload your cover letter and resumé as one PDF, before the deadline of Fri, May 20, 2022
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted.
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time.TIFF regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
Please send any questions via e-mail only to email@example.com.
TIFF is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. As such, we welcome and encourage applicants who identify as racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation and/or assistance during the application process, please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-599-8433 x2013. We strive to provide reasonable accommodations whenever requested.