Core Hours of Work: 7:30am – 2:30pm + 1 Hour in Evening (Total 8 Hours of per day)
Do you enjoy working with a team of people who are innovative, dynamic, collaborative, progressive and global-minded? If so then we are looking for you to join our community as the Academic Scheduling Assistant & Receptionist! The York School offers an inclusive culture and values creativity, individuality and new ideas.
Like our students, staff at The York School are inquiring, knowledgeable, caring and engaged citizens of the world. Leaders and experts in their field, they are open to change and committed to improving lives through education.
The Academic Scheduling Assistant & Receptionist reports to the Principals of the Middle and Senior School and the Finance & Office Manager. They are responsible for maintaining an active list of supply teachers, coordinating teacher coverage for classrooms, duties and trips and maintaining the absence management system for all faculty members. They are also responsible for Reception duties at the Middle & Senior School campus. The Academic Scheduling Assistant & Receptionist is required to be on-call during evenings before a working day.
Booking Supply Teachers/Associate Teachers
- Book supply teachers or associate teachers to fill in absent teacher’s classes for the day or for extra support on school related trips
- Provide the date and amount of time the supply teacher or associate teacher will be filling in for the absent teacher’s class
- Track the amount of hours the Supply Teachers have accumulated for the month and submit all information to Payroll
- Keep track of daily events and inform supply teachers or associate teachers ex. Lice check, assemblies, Terry Fox
- Manage the Scheduling Calendar with Supply Teacher and Associate Teacher availability
- Provide supply teacher with keys, name badge, laptop and daily schedule
- Maintain 1320 Coverage email, voicemail, cell phone, calendar and Google Team Drive
- Check 1320coverage email starting at 7:00pm-8:00pm
- Keep list of supply teachers up to date by informing Human Resources when more Supply Teachers are needed
- Give new supply teachers tour of school, talk to them about supply pay, pay dates and dress code
- Send out weekly summary of absent requests to faculty to make sure all absent requests have been submitted prior to the week following and that any errors or omissions in absences can be corrected
- Other duties as assigned
- Input all absent related data into the coverage system using the program called Filemaker
- Run daily report and provide it to the Attendance Coordinator at the beginning of each day
- Create an end of year report for Principals summarizing absent data for the year generated by FileMaker
- Greet and welcome visitors, staff, students and York School community members in a friendly, positive and helpful manner
- Answer, screen and direct incoming calls
- In case of emergency, initiate and follow School Emergency Procedures
- Respond to queries and relay messages in a timely manner
- Maintain an orderly and tidy reception and foyer area
- Maintain visitor logs and staff sign-in/out sheets
- Provide admissions packages to prospective families
- Accept and dispatch deliveries and couriers
- Organize taxi service requests
- Provide information to The York School community regarding students off-site
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working in an administrative role
- College Diploma or Undergraduate Degree or equivalent work experience
- Current CPR and First Aid certificates or willing to obtain
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to best interact with students, parents, faculty, staff members and other members of the School community
- Punctual, reliable, highly organized with strong time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and shift focus with changing priorities and demands
- Previous administrative experience in a busy and constantly changing office environment, with previous coverage experience in a school considered an asset
- Strong attention to detail for accuracy in data entry tasks
- Proven ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to interact with students, parents and teachers cheerfully, enthusiastically, courteously, patiently and with discretion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications considered an asset
- The ability to establish and manage work priorities for a wide variety of individuals and to meet competing demands is fundamental to the performance of this job.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, all applications are due by July 27, 2021. Please visit our careers page to Apply Now and create an account. We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.