The reason I picked this dish is because this is something my mom and grandma made throughout my childhood. This dish was something me and my sisters used to get excited for especially on Sundays cause we knew our grandparents were coming over.
This dish is a dish I was taught to cook at a very young age. The recipe I use today has been passed down generations and I plan on passing it down. This dish make a lot of people happy i make it for my significant other when he’s upset and it fixes his mood.
Brown Stew Chicken
- 1 Dutch Pot
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Tablespoon
- Garlic powder
- Ginger powder
- Bay leaves
- Jerk sauce
- Garlic paste
- All purpose seasoning
- Chicken seasoning
- Fresh Thyme
- Soya sauce
- Scotch bonnet pepper
- Green peppers
- Start off with washing your chicken with vinegar and lemon juice with a little bit of salt, Then cut of any fat that may be on the chicken and rinse your chicken once again.
- Now it's time to start seasoning your chicken, you start with ⅛ tsp of salt ½ tsp of garlicpowder,1/4 tsp of ginger powder, ½ tsp of all purpose seasoning, ½ tbs of jerk sauce (feel free to use more if u like spice), a piece of fresh Thyme
- Throw couple pieces of pimento, add couple bay leaves, ½ tbs of garlic paste, cut up a scotch bonnet and also cut up a piece of garlic now you rub your chicken with all the seasonings then pour ½ tbs soya sauce on top and continue to rub your chicken.
- Leave it to marinate for 15 minutes while you cut your vegetables. 1 green pepper, 1 onion, 2 small potatoes cut in medium sized cubes 1 carrot 2 scotch bonnet (Sliced and whole).
- Get your Dutch pot and put 3 tbsp of any oil of your choice (vegetable oil) add each piece of chicken to the pot n let it get brown on each side then you add your veggies to the pot with a ½ cup of chicken broth and let it simmer on high heat for 45 minutes adda whole scotch bonnet while it simmers. After 15 minutes put the lid on the pot.
- Once everything gets turned into a gravy you can bring it to a low heat so that you can make sure all your meat and veggies are cooked fully. Ready to serve with rice and peas or brown rice