Posted Jobs 0
We are a member association of Canadian grantmakers, including private and public foundations, charities and corporations. Created in 1999, we became a registered charity in 2002.
We seek to support our members and organized philanthropy by encouraging public policies that sustain the sector, by increasing awareness of philanthropy’s contribution to the well-being of Canadians, and by providing opportunities for funders to learn from each other.
We provide a voice for organized philanthropy, assist in building a professional network for our thought-leaders, and inform on good practice.
We strengthen Canadian philanthropy – in all of its diversity and in its pursuit of a just, equitable, and sustainable world.
• We are a network that activates the power of people to shape their communities and protect the natural environment.
• We take a long view and stay engaged to have a meaningful impact.
• We are pragmatic and responsive in creating space for foundations to act and learn collaboratively.
• We share in the responsibility to create an inclusive philanthropic community based on trust and respect. Systemic racism and discrimination undermine our efforts. We work to strengthen relations with Indigenous Peoples, and to promote racial justice and equity for all.
• We are responsible stewards of wealth and other resources to support charitable and not-for-profit partners. Our collective work serves the public good in a non-partisan and transparent manner.
• We are continually learning how to translate these commitments into our practices – creatively and constructively.