About Vanesha Allen-London
New SSW graduate from George Brown College
Passionate about advocacy, mental health, and dismantling anti-Blackness.
Co-Founder of Black Women United – https://www.blackwomenunited.ca/
2019 - 2021
George Brown College
2020 - Present
Black Women United - Social Innovation Project (George Brown College)
Achieved a positive community reputation through collaboration with guest speakers and partnering with organizations to lead discussions as requested.
Successfully led 4 panel discussions for Black Women to share their experiences of Anti-Black Racism and Sexism.
Invited to speak at seven student panels at George Brown College to speak about Anti-Oppressive Frameworks and Addressing Anti-Black Racism within the College and the Community.
Secured Funding from Rising Youth/TakingITGlobal to support Black Women United.
Created a marketing and public relations plan from the ground up, including the successful launch of the company website.
2020 - 2020
City of Toronto
• Successfully reported and safely removed an average of eight hazardous items, including needles and drug paraphernalia, each shift.
• Upheld a positive reputation for the City of Toronto daily when cleaning up marginalized communities; built a rapport with individuals experiencing homelessness when encountered.
• Maintained professionalism and composure and ensured accuracy of information when interacting with members of the public, specifically regarding COVID-19 protocol.
2019 - 2020
• Maintained highest level of customer service when interacting with clientele.
• Deescalated heated conversations and situations with guests and resolved issues and complaints effectively and efficiently.
• Successfully organized and executed private events for guestlists of 400+ people.
• Maintained professionalism and offered above and beyond customer service to celebrities.
2018 - 2019
• Managed the kitchen as team lead and H&S supervisor, ensuring quality and safety each shift.
• Successfully lead, planned, and executed private events as head of events for Kitchen staff.
• Utilized maintained inventory and knowledge of inventory trends to order new supplies proactively.
• Identified as an exceptional performer, receiving additional training on front of house protocol.