My name is Andre Jackson, I was born on October 30th 1995 to parents of Caribbean/West Indian descent.
I grew up with my mother in a single mother household in which my mother had to play both roles and was extremely excellent at it in fact.
Being the last child of four I never really had anyone to play with which pushed me to become my moms shadow and pretty much study her, & in doing so I started realizing my love for cooking, being left alone at home while my mother was at work pushed me to explore my culinary art skills.
I was pretty young so I wasn’t allowed to use the stove by myself but I made some of the most fascinating sandwiches that I simply got the idea from watching cartoons after school such as Scooby doo & Adventure Time.
Jamaican Street Tacos
- 1 Frying Pot
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- Shredded cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 Chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 Diced onion
- 1/2 Sliced avocado
- 2 tbsp Sour cream
- 2 tbsp Guacamole
- 4 Taco Shells
- First you decide on which protein you plan to use. Would it be Ground Beef, Chicken, Fish, Vegetarian, Tofu Or a Vegan Option which is also acceptable.
- You can use your own selection of herbs and spices such as onion, peppers, tomatoes, garlic & don't forget your dry seasoning such as chili powder, cumin, salt, oregano, garlic powder, Black pepper & Onion powder.
- Cook until the meat is browned.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the taco meat into hard taco shells or small soft tortillas.
- Top the tacos with your favorite traditional taco toppings.